The role of the Mgr, Global IT Software Asset Management is to oversee process, procedures, vendors, and tools that help manage software attest throughout the global organization. This includes overseeing a team that handles the planning, monitoring, and recording software usage to ensure compliance with vendor contracts. The individual will assist in forming software procurement strategies for technology across the organization. The Mgr, Global IT Software Asset Management will also execute and monitor procedures for tracking software compliance and lifecycles.
- Support implementation and operation of a Global IT Asset Mgmt Process, Tool, and Managed Services. Partner with colleagues from Hertz International regions (EU and APAC) as well as Donlen Corporation to ensure that alignment with global processes and tool usage.
- Works across multiple divisions to develop and continually improve software asset management policies, requirements, processes, and metrics.
- Operate software asset management systems, including integration with other critical systems (discovery tools, systems management systems, configuration management systems, contract systems, etc.)
- Proactively maintains effective license position for key software vendors which includes performing periodic self-audits, engaging and managing outside expertise where required, and providing recommendations for resolution of non-compliant situations
- Maintain integrity of all software-related data in the repository. Performs reconciliation between asset records with other relevant data sources; investigate and resolve exceptions. Solid understanding of the data associated with software records and the process of normalizing raw software discovery data
- Participates in and may lead software audit response efforts. Provide software data for defense during software compliance audits
- Provides software data for cyber-security defense
- Identify opportunities for maximizing or exploiting unused or partially used IT assets to achieve full efficiency and ROI from company resources.
- Monitor and analyze trends in company spending to make recommendations for the future, and to identify areas for possible savings and/or asset optimization.
- Track and maintain copies of software licenses, warranties, maintenance agreements, and vendor contracts.
- Research industry best practices and compare against organization’s practices to establish benchmarks for managing IT assets.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience within IT/IS organizations, or directly serving IT/IS in a Procurement or Finance role
- ITIL and Certification in Software Asset Management desired
- Training in ISO 9000, Lean or Six Sigma is desired
Knowledge & Experience
- +5 years direct work experience in IT Asset Mgmt, IT contract management, and/or IT software procurement capacity.
- Strong familiarity and technical competence with asset management software and/or inventory-tracking systems, such as Flexera, Snow, Service Now, Altiris.
- Strong understanding of SAM best practices, to include ITIL, IAITAM, and ISO 19770 processes
- Strong understanding of software end user licensing agreements (EULAs).
- Ability to develop and analyze software asset data for reporting to management and technical staff for compliance and budgetary purposes as well as project planning
- Solid understanding of procurement processes and their relationship to software asset management
- Excellent verbal communication, collaboration, and facilitation skills across multiple locations
- Solid working knowledge of current IT technologies, including Office 365, Windows, and computing Hardware.
- Strong knowledge of software license agreements from Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, Adobe, VMware, etc.
- General knowledge of accounting, finance, marketing, and logistics.
- Enterprise CMDB experiencedesired in a large environment
- Experience with regulatory compliance (SOX, HIPAA) is desired
- Excellent contract management skills are essential.
- Ability to deal tactfully with vendors, suppliers, and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of products and services.
- Superb budgeting, inventory, and cost-management skills.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities in company requirements, product demands, and purchasing timelines through analytical capabilities.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Adept at conducting research into product- and service-related issues.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents.
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.