Our team is looking for an Escalations Manager to lead our team responsible for managing critical and high impact global events and escalations. Incident Managers combine a passion for protecting customers with an ability to think quickly and take decisive action. At Amazon, Incident Managers don’t just put out fires – they also own fixing the problems that caused them.
In this position you will:
Manage a team of Incident Mangers responsible for responding to, investigating, managing, and resolving high-impact incidents and escalations around product quality and authenticity (counterfeit, trademark, copyright) issues.
· Supervise drafting and presenting of deep-dive documents, including responses to senior executives and Correction of Errors (COE) reports.
· Analyze existing policy and process gaps, and identify solutions to close them.
· Track and report regularly on team projects designed to improve operational and process efficiency. This will include working extensively with external teams.
· Engage directly with senior leadership to provide updates to critical incidents.
· Closely monitor media and global events to anticipate and mitigate potential risks. Be comfortable using data to analyze trends, predict and fix problems before they happen.
· Use high-level judgment to own our most complex enforcement decisions.
· At least 5 years of experience working in relevant industries such as law, IP protection, customer service, investigations, etc.
· Experienced people manager.
· Bachelor's degree.
· Intensely customer-focused, with passion for protecting customers from bad actors.
· Exceptional bias for action – willing to move quickly and decisively to resolve an incident.
· Strong critical thinker with the vision to work both tactically and strategically.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· A proven track record of successfully delivering initiatives from conception through completion.
· Experience with abuse, risk management, intellectual property, compliance, or similar product initiatives preferred.
· Advanced degree.
Job ID: 616809