Represent Global Planning in the monthly IBP (Sales and Operations Planning) process. Develop Department policies and process to meet global inventory objectives. Coordinate with PLM teams to set policy and procedures for new product introduction and cannibalization. Develop and train demand planning staff. Create and execute strategy to gather PSI data from several sources to present at several hierarchy levels.
Create requirements and work with IT to develop reports for analysis that improve department efficiencies. Collaborate with Global Inventory Manager on inventory strategies. Review Excess and obsolete reports and collaborate with Commercial teams identify alternative markets.
- Thorough working knowledge of implementation and use of ERP and position related modules,
- Thorough understanding of the item master file and impact on planning function, JDE preferred
- Project managementassociated with new product launches and cannibalization
- Global supply chain and demand management
- Microsoft Office Suite, including analytical skills experience in the use of Microsoft Excel functionality.
- Comprehension of medical device regulation and process validation
- Working in a team environment
- Ability to make verbal and written presentations
- Leadership and associate development on an individual and in a team environment.
- Delegation and accomplishing objectives through others
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams, internal and external to the company to execute demand and inventory
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity
- Development and publication of reoccurring and ad hoc position related reports
- Thorough understanding of statistics and use of advanced statistical forecasting techniques and software
- New product release and involvement in acquisition transition with related project management responsibility
- Principles of demand and inventory planning policies and procedures and interaction between departments.
- Demand management, forecasting tools and the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics/Supply Chain or Engineering
- Master Degreepreferred
- APICS certification preferred
- Six or more years’ experience in supply chain management, or a manufacturing operations function
- Minimum six (6) years related work experience in production and demand functions, including four (4) in a manufacturing environment with three (3) in medical devices
- 3 years of experience Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- 5 or more years’ experience in S&OP (IBP) environment.
- 3 or more years leading Planning Team
- JDE experiencepreferred