The position will assist in the development, implementation and support of strategic initiatives established to cultivate best in class people, processes and systems for all global Demand and Replenishment Planning teams.
The position will be responsible for ensuring the successful utilization of global demand planning systems and process compliance across global demand planning teams. This role will manage and prioritize global demand and replenishment planning enhancement projects.
This person will assist with regular assessments of regional demand planning capabilities and will support or lead initiatives to collaboratively optimize planning processes with the goal of enabling improved forecast accuracy and achievement of global supply chain goals. This position will work directly with IS and the COE Demand Team to innovatively create enhanced capabilities to enable improved analytics for all demand planning teams while creating workload efficiencies.
The position is responsible for understanding and contributing to multi-year strategic plans for future demand planning enhancements designed to enable all demand planning teams to continually progress on the demand planning maturity model. This person will also be responsible for successfully executing these strategies via regular collaboration with all global demand planning teams with an ongoing focus on supporting the creation of best in class demand planning capabilities and performance.
- Support the growth and development of global demand planning teams by assisting with demand planning skills assessments and the development of training solutions to continuously enhance total organizational knowledge. Develop advanced demand planning training and coordinate the documentation of global demand BDP’s for facilitation across all demand planning teams.
- Document existing global demand planning processes, identify unique needs, and jointly create solutions to enhance forecast accuracy and meet business needs. Support the standardization of global demand planning processes and metrics. Develop tools to enable planning capabilities such as: demand segmentation, variability analysis, and cost/value analysis.
- Support the assessment, recommendation and implementation of new demand planning systems to enable best in class capabilities. Collaborate with IS to develop new analytics enhancing tools to create improved demand planning capabilities and work place efficiencies. Support system upgrades, restatements, and adaptations to support changing business needs
- Support global supply chain projects to support implementations of new business functionality, acquisitions, and Insights Driven Supply Chain capabilities.
Bachelor’s degreerequired in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or related field of study preferred.
At least 5 years of experience in Demand Planning, Supply Chain, or other Analytics related position. Must have demonstrated ability to lead team of people toward achievement of business goals.
- Deep understanding of Demand Planning concepts including industry best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels and multiple departments.
- Strong knowledge of forecasting, customer forecasting, and replenishment process.
- Knowledge of supply chain, commercial, and IBM processes.
- Understanding of customer operations and requirements.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, team building and decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and decisions across multiple geographies
- Strong presentation and project management abilities.
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Basic understanding of category management principles and the demand creation process.
- Ability to learn and adapt to multiple business models to provide optimized solutions.