Digital Realty operates within a market place that is increasingly competitive. Customers can choose between a significant number of competitors delivering high quality, cost efficient alternatives. As one of a handful of global providers, Digital Realty has considerable assets and capabilities, along with a significant installed customer base. Driving a ‘customer first’ mind-set is crucial to our continued success.
Customer Operations fuses together the elements of our operations focused on our customers, in order for us to differentiate ourselves in the marketplace. Delivering excellent service to customers is at the heart of our competitive advantage and as a member of the Customer Operations team the focus is to develop and deliver consistent and exceptional customer service for our customers
If you truly enjoy taking on a wide variety of issues -- essentially drinking from a fire hose -- and mastering each and every one, this position offers you the opportunity to make a global impact. Your mission will be to lead our Global Operations Command Center to the Insanely Great Customer Experience (#igce) intended, we are taking a high-level approach to customer success while also overseeing day-to-day issues and activities within the team.
You're sure to acquire new knowledge and skills; we are essentially a hybrid between a real estate and a technology company, and you'll learn about both sides.
In addition, you'll work with Fortune 500 clients in multiple industries, communicating with them daily. You'll touch just about all areas of Digital Realty in this role, setting you up to pursue multiple career paths in our organization
To meet the basic qualifications for this role you will have:
- A Bachelor's Degree
- Seven to Ten years of relevant experience in customer facing roles involving issue resolution and/or contact center management (e.g. Customer Service or account management)
- Proven exceptional customer relationship skills and demonstrated high level of commitment to excellent customer experiences and relationships
- Experience with ServiceNow and Salesforce CRM products a plus
- Proven exceptional coaching and training skills and demonstrated success in team building efforts
- The motivation to work at a company that focuses on customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; systematic thinker
- An understanding of offshore outsourced service solutions, SLAs, KPIs and reporting would be an advantage.
- Experience in data center, telecom or network operations is a strong plus.
- Strong project management and time management skills
- The ability to thrive under tight deadlines, fast moving projects and customers who demand the best
- Technical savviness and the ability to quickly assimilate technical data, methods and procedures
- A track record of success in working across internal functional lines to ensure strong customer satisfaction.
- Computer skills and familiarity with issue resolution tracking programs and MS Office.
- High energy and exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to handle daily issues that arise while also driving process improvements.
- Flexibility and adaptability as no two days will be the same, except for the fact that there always will be plenty to do.
- Adeptness at managing multiple activities and competing priorities.
- The ability to think clearly and make decisions on the fly, keeping one eye on the big picture and the other eye on the details.
Just as important as your experience will be the following “5 C” skills:
- Critical Awareness (On It, Own It, Responsive, Sense of Urgency, Follows-through)
- Corporate Acumen (Executive savviness, business acumen)
- Communications (Proactively over-communicate by setting proper expectations early and often, solid written and verbal communications)
- Conflict Resolution (Deals well with conflict, Damage Control)
- Collaborative (Aligned, Trustworthy)
You will need to be willing and able to work early in the morning or later in the evening or on weekends on occasion, to accommodate contacts in different time zones and potential escalation events. In addition, you'll need to be willing to take phone calls 24/7 as needed
You will be…
- An ambassador – You will be an advocate for our customers. You will collaborate and align across global functions with complete transparency.
- A catalyst – You will spark initiatives of change, success and consistency
- A driver – You will be a reliable driver. We are on it and we own it with a sense of urgency.
- Responsible – You will proactively communicate well and follow-through until we close the loop. You will exemplify trustworthiness and accountability
- A difference maker to our Customers, our Stakeholders and your GCC Team Members
Reporting into the Director, Global Operations Command Center, your high level responsibilities will include:
- Adhere to, design and implement best practices
- Oversee all Command Center operations, including: Event communication (Internal & External), network monitoring and troubleshooting, customer portal issue resolution, customer escalation problem solving, customer contact data maintenance, familiarization of site operations and procedures, and escalations as required
- Ensure a high level of proficiency within the GCC team with regular training, feedback and constructive coaching on all aspects of the operation.
- Serve as liaison for key interactions relative to solving critical internal and external customer issues.
- Respond in a timely and effective manner to customer inquiries, issues and complaints, working in coordination with the appropriate parties at Digital Realty.
- Work with internal and external customers to facilitate event communications, process adherence, and escalation where required.
- Manage immediate and professional responsiveness from the GCC staff for all internal and external contact, whether via phone, email, portal tickets or in person.
- Train, coach and design/implement processes that improve the quality of the work performed by the GCC team ongoing.
- Reach out to internal customers on a regular basis to facilitate strong working relationships and ensure feedback driving improvement.
- Review and establish SME abilities coordinating data center operating policies, best practices and standards.
What’s in it for You
- Your personal stamp - This is your chance to "put your signature" on driving an Insanely Great Customer Experience (#igce) with best-in-class Customer Operations Management
- High visibility - Our senior leaders recognize the strategic importance of our customer success organization and they are investing in people and processes to ensure we deliver -- your successes in this area will be noticed.
- Operational excellence - You know as well as anyone that issues come up. At the same time, your efforts will be backed by an operations organization that takes pride in performing at a high level. Across a number of industry standard metrics, we consistently deliver at a very high level. You'll find a commitment to customer service and satisfaction, driven by a culture that views every customer as a long-term partner.
- Professional development - We know you'll bring subject matter expertise in customer success as well as a strong technology background, but our business model is unique and you will have plenty of opportunities to expand your knowledge. Success in this role could set you up to pursue multiple career paths within our expanding organization.
- Growth environment - We're growing fast and growing smart, including acquiring businesses that complement and strengthen our core offerings. We're already one of the largest players in our space, and ongoing growth will create opportunities for strong performers.
- Entrepreneurial culture - We value collaboration and encourage innovation, and the organization is committed to providing employees the tools they need to excel and develop professionally.
- Excellent compensation - In addition to a competitive salary and bonus potential, we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
- Keys to Success - We'll look to you to take a blank slate approach to assessing where we are and where we need to be, and you'll build on strengths, shore up weaknesses, and ensure we're taking advantage of current best practices. That will require strategic vision, but you also will need to be willing to "roll up your sleeves" to achieve goals.