Manager, Global Business Operation
5 - 7 years experience • Pharmaceuticals & Biotech
The Manager, Global Business Operations is part of a Global Team supporting all Clinical Supply Services (CSS) Sites by designing packages that meet the need of the customer and the patient. These package designs are provided in the form of electronic drawings that setup and challenge the form, fit, and function of Work In Process and Finished Good supplies.
The group is located amid Operational teams at various Sites across the globe, spreading the technical expertise and ability to execute across the various required time zones.
The Manager leads the Package Design group that executes this process, allowing for standard processes in Packaging and Distribution. The Manager is the Global Process Owner for Package Design.
The Manager, Global Business Operations will travel 10% of the time, working directly with CSS Site SMEs and Functional Area Owners.
The role of the Manager, Global Business Operationsrole is critical to the end user which are our patients. Quality, safety and on-time delivery is a must to be successful in this role!
Leadership & Communication Responsibilities:
- Provides technical and operational guidance to employees, colleagues, and customers
- Provides process guidance to site subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Strong partnership and collaboration with Business, Operations, Project Management, and Quality stakeholders. Defines and manages expectations
- Has direct leadership responsibilities for Package Design execution team
- Holds self and team accountable for Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost
- Engages appropriate individuals across the Sites for understanding of responsibilities and actions
- Client facing role/Customer service mind-set
- Manages escalations for deliverables impacting project timelines
- Minimum Bachelors Degree is required with at least five years of relevant management experience in a GMP regulated environment
- Have a strong proficiency in a variety packaging component solutions and technical skills to perform creative and industry-leading designs
- Have a working knowledge of Design software (e.g. ArtiosCAD, AutoCAD, Illustrator, TOPS, etc)
- Have a working knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and current Good Manufacturing Processes (cGMPs) and their purpose
- Demonstrated ability to plan and independently implement multiple projects and possess the ability to work under tight and emergent deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to present information
- Travel will typically be less than 10% (once per quarter) with the ability to travel more during certain circumstances (e.g. client support visits)