This role is responsible for Under Armour’s Global Athlete Tour program, to include integration of cross-functional teams at the global, regional, and functional level to create “road show” experiences multiple times per year for premier professional athletes.
What will you do?
- Create a fully interactive, expeditionary and scalable experience that encompasses direct-to-consumer retail, digital/social media, product, PR, hospitality, and experiential marketing for each athlete featured
- Work cross-functionally to ensure all athlete, product, retail, sales, and marketing needs are met
- Manage all external agency support, both in the planning and execution of tours
- Manage all budgets across Global and International teams
- Develop plans to ensure each road show executes on the goals determined at the outset – revenue & media impression projections, cultural/philanthropic needs, etc.
- Conduct all planning meetings, and develop clear agendas and debriefs to ensure action items are clearly understood
- Build and empower a team that will ensure efficient execution of UA Athlete Road Shows in partnership with internal & external agencies.
What do you need?
- GET IT DONE – ACCOUNTABILITY Maintains a high level of cooperation by communicating responsibilities and expectations to others. Takes ownership of team results by tracking individual Teammate contributions.
- FIND A BETTER WAY – CREATIVITY & INNOVATION Continuously generates new ideas, strategy, and solutions -weighing options and taking risks. Encourages Teammates to share, build on, and challenge new ideas, products or solutions.
- WIN TOGETHER – COLLABORATION Communicates within and across teams to solve problems and hit team goals. Takes on the role of the expert or leader as needed. Builds working relationships across matrixed teams in order to integrate individual perspectives. Acknowledges and encourages contributions of other Teammates
- THINK GLOBALLY – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE Seeks and applies understanding of cultural differences and demonstrates knowledge of global trends (social, political and/or economic), making the connection as to how they impact team goals.
- MAPTHE FUTURE-STRATEGIC VISIONING Communicates team vision and goals in alignment with UA's strategic direction. Recognizes the potential impact of internal and external challenges on future state of the business unit, and develops action plans to meet these challenges.
- BULID A GREAT TEAM-BUILDING TALENT Seeks opportunities to develop own leadership skills. Creates an environment for Teammates to grow and demonstrate new skills. Provides constructive and behavior-based feedback on performance and development. Motivates Teammates by tracking goals and celebrating significant milestones. Applies understanding of current and future talent needs in selection and development of talent.
- MAKE THE RIGHT CALL – INTEGRITY & ETHICS Acts in alignment with UA values and principles, encouraging other Teammates to do the same.
What have you accomplished already?
- BA/BS degree
- 5- 7 years of experience in global business, event planning and leadership
- Direct experience planning and executing events, international experiencepreferred
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Public relations, marketing and/or digitalexperience is considered an asset
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Multitasking capability to juggle the intricacies of planning offsite events in unfamiliar locations
What else is important for you to know?
- Travelrequired 40%, domestic and international, including some holidays and weekends.