Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) organization is responsible for detecting and preventing financial crimes, including money laundering and terrorism financing, and requires highly skilled subject matter experts to execute against key initiatives aimed at building a best-in-class financial crimes compliance function.
As a Manager of Sanctions Investigations Projects and Process Support within PayPal’s Global Financial Crimes organization, your goal is to design, enable, and execute on process and program design/change aimed at ensuring that PayPal meets its regulatory reporting obligations as a financial institution. Your responsibilities will be in accordance with PayPal’s Ethics and Compliance Standards, and obligations to the appropriate regulations, such as the Bank Secrecy (BSA) and USA PATRIOT Acts, EU and Luxembourg legislation.
- Design, enable, and execute on global process and program design/change within Sanctions Investigations aimed at ensuring that PayPal meets its regulatory reporting obligations as a financial institution.
- Serve as Sanctions Investigations primary point of contact for critical work streams involving cross-functional teams and key GFCC leaders, including the development, implementation and ongoing evolution of SOPs
- Collaborate with Compliance colleagues to develop solutions to regulatory requirements that mitigate risks while optimizing operations and customer processes.
- Drive the creation of global strategies and build business cases to drive regulatory processes, improve customer experience and efficiency and champion them into tangible products, policies and processes by collaborating with partners in the business units, product teams, and operations reporting teams, and workforce management teams.
- Working with partners within the Compliance Project Management Office, define, manage & communicate a detailed project plan together with agreed timelines, identifying critical milestones, interdependencies & risks.
- Lead cross-functional project teams for Corporate ComplianceSanctions Investigations driven initiatives obtaining resources as needed to deliver the project’s goals
- Update senior management/stakeholders on progress against plan on a regular basis & escalate issues as required.
- Proactively work to resolve potential conflicts, issues and risks associated with the projects underway and daily escalations
- Monitor & follow up post project delivery to ensure all outstanding issues are resolved and Control Plans are implemented
- Deploy best practice project and program management methodologies
- Understand and effectively leverage best practice change management methods, tools and approaches to create an effective change plan to manage key change risks associated with deploying projects and deriving a return on investment.
- Proactively identify and manage specific issues and risks and work with all cross-functional stakeholders
- Coordinate readiness workshops, readiness assessment and tollgate review.
- Advise and work with program leaders and champions (senior & executive management) to define and create success and adoption measures
- A Bachelor’s, Master’s, Juris Doctorate degree or equivalent in Finance, Legal, Criminal Justice or a comparable field is preferred, MBA would be an advantage;
- 10+ years of program, product and/or project managementexperience or equivalent, ideally at a Financial services company; otherexperience levels outside of this will be considered for the correct candidate
- Experience managing and implementing back-end operations applications and working on process efficiencies for Compliance operations preferred
- Formal Project ManagementQualification, or Process Management equivalent experiencepreferred
- Proven track record of delivering successful projects or driving improvements to products or processes
- Strong working knowledge of Regulatory Compliance laws, processes, industry best practices, and operational controls
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, emphasis on creating and presenting material using Microsoft Office and other mediums
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a strong level of initiative
- Strong working knowledge of financial services, ideally Compliance Investigations or Management related to Sanctions
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with co-workers and peers
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Possession of leadership, organization, and time management skills
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through
- Ability to handle multiple projects under pressure
- Ability to combine technical expertise and business understanding to create commercial benefits.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.