The First Line of Defense Center of Excellence (FLOD COE) is seeking a day to day lead to support budget planning and requirement gathering for the successful integration of new PayPal entities and acquisitions within GCCI (Global Customer Complaints & Internal Controls). This role will also collaborate across the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd lines of defense to ensure risk and compliance implications are proactively evaluated and addressed as part of the development and implementation of strategic business decisions. This person should have a proven ability to influence and make key decisions - and thrive - in a highly matrixed environment. This role will require a strong partnership across all functional areas, lines of business and support areas (business owners, risk owners, etc.) to drive clear and transparent execution and reporting.
The First Line of Defense (FLOD), M&A Integration Support Manager in the First Line of Defense Center of Excellence (FLOD COE), under Global Customer Complaints & Internal Controls (GCCI), will be required to:
- Support the development and execution of new acquisition integration plans for GCCI
- Identify the impacts and requirements for successful integration of new acquisitions with GCCI functional areas
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure key milestones are met and escalate any deviations from the integration plan and/or timelines in a timely manner
- Participate in various meetings with key workstream stakeholders to ensure appropriate risk and compliance expertise is provided throughout the integration process, as needed
- Prepare and provide updates on the progress and status of new acquisition integration on a regular basis or as otherwise needed
- Maintain detailed roadmaps for each integration plan
- Participate and lead post-integration evaluations to identify opportunities for improvement and advancement of GCCI integration maturity. Incorporate any learnings into the appropriate procedures and playbook as needed.
- Support various risk management projects and initiatives as assigned for multiple business units
- Other initiatives as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years relevant experience required. Minimum of 2 years work experience directly related to Operational Risk and project management
- Advanced knowledge of compliance requirements, internal controls and process and operational risk practices, including strong project management skills
- Establish global relationships with business units, support groups throughout the organization. Work with peer leaders to leverage best practices, understand new trends and contribute to the implementation of process improvements
- Possess sound judgment, flexibility, and nimbleness in changing courses and solving problems swiftly.
- Persistently manages problems effectively; deals with challenges constructively and positively; maintains productivity and high-performance levels under pressure
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, manage projects and drive/achieve results.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Operate with strong integrity with the ability to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Ability to develop and present senior leader level communications
- “Dealing With Ambiguity” - Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- “Command Skills” - Relishes leading; takes unpopular stands if necessary; encourages direct and tough debate but isn’t afraid to end and move on; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces adversity head on; energized by tough challenges.
- “Drive For Results” - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- “Action Oriented” - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- “Interpersonal Savvy” - Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- “Peer Relationships” – Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise. Easily gains trust and support of peers. Encourages collaboration.
- “Priority Setting” - Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- “Process Management” – Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done, understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow, and can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t.
- “Comfort Around Higher Management” – Can deal comfortably with more senior managers, understands how senior managers think and work and can craft approaches likely to be seen as appropriate and positive.
Our world-class culture is something we’re proud of. We’re committed to creating a thriving and inclusive workplace with great benefits including:
- Excellent medical and dental benefits
- Competitive salary
- Savings plans with company match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous time off policies
- Ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and support to help you realize your full career potential
- Community fundraising and volunteer opportunities
- PayPal’s sabbatical program provides four weeks of paid time off after every five years of service.
- Active social groups