The Manager, GBM AML/ATF is responsible for assisting with the delivery of effective challenge by the 2nd line of defense for the businesses in Global Banking and Markets in Canada.
While this is a Business-as-usual role, the Manager is responsible for driving continuous improvement to departmental processes, while safeguarding quality and managing AML/ATF and Sanction risks.
The manager will lead and/or actively manage the effective design and implementation of assigned projects and to ensure business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
This role will work with stakeholders in all three lines of defence, including GBM business units, 1B Oversight, GBM Onboarding, Money Transfer Operations, Enterprise Program Office, Business Line AML teams and FIU.
- Collaborates with partners in the review of business processes, resulting in recommendations for measurable improvements while leveraging reusable (process) components, structures and enterprise wide technologies that are effective and efficient and ensuring that risk is minimized
- Preparing and/or reviewing communication and training material to ensure content is applicable to target audiences and aligns with overall program objectives. Takes a lead role in facilitating AML training on specialized topics.
- Participates in the development of strategies and recommendations, including related process maps, business benefits and costs, implementation and training strategies and plans by:
- Participating in or coordinating the testing of internal procedures
- Collecting and analyzing data to prepare dashboards for Senior Management to provide a view of the efficacy of AML/ATF programs in the Business Lines, including trends
- Developing and contributing to implementation planning activities
- Supporting Senior Managers and directors in the preparation of opinions and assessments and developing proposals.
- Supports the Director in reviewing and providing credible challenge on AML and sanctions metrics for GBM and FIU with an aim to identify emerging risks, issues and trends
- Assess AML/ATF and sanctions risk and provides input into new initiative risk assessments (NIRAs) and supports the Director in the sign off process. The role will work with business unit on necessary control enhancements.
- Perform industry and regulatory analysis to develop corrective action plans and staying abreast of AML and Sanctions regulatory developments and requirements;
- Providing strategic solutions for the GBM AML/ATF compliance function, including streamlining processes and planning initiatives.
- Establishing, building, and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and departments within GBM regional offices as well as Canadian Bank and International Bank.
- Researching best practices and attending training courses designed around AML/ATF and Sanctions and personal development.
Education / Experience
- Expert knowledge of Global Banking and Markets business unit functions, procedures, products, policies and how the various supporting units interact;
- Ability to research trends through existing departments in the Bank or external vendor partners;
- Undergraduatedegree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Law, Operations Management with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in an AML/ATF operations and/or project management environment, within a matrix organization preferably in the Financial Services Industry.
- CAMS considered an asset.
- Thorough written and verbal skills required to prepare communications and interact effectively with other Bank departments and external parties;
- Thorough knowledge of related regulatory requirements including KYC, AML, Anti-Terrorist Financing Policies, Compliance Control & Operational Risk Self-Assessments legislation and procedures;
- Working knowledge of Process Mapping and Business Architecting, including use of related software and tools (i.e. Visio, LOVEM, Microsoft Projects, excel, etc.)
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset
Requisition ID: 23042