Provides direction for all aspects of planning, managing and coordinating all gas meter service activities. Accountability includes, but is not limited to, public and employee safety, O&M budgeting control, meter & service operations, and field collection activities. Individual is responsible for all aspects of Meter Service activities within assigned area; manages the financial activities associated with the area of responsibility, replacement of gas meters, customer requested service, and staffing, etc.; responsible for satisfying regulatory compliance within assigned area; and provides support in the negotiation and administration of labor contracts for unit employees in Gas Meter Services.
- Leadership – This position requires skills that enable motivation of management and union employees. Must posses the ability to provide clear direction, provide constructive feedback to employees. Posses the ability to train, mentor, structure and lead a successful team.
- Safety and code compliance – Must possess a full understanding of federal, state, company codes and standards, ensuring compliance. Responsible for the area’s safety program, enhancing and ensuring customer and employee safety.
- Emergency response – Each area manager must have a comprehensive operating knowledge of their area to allow them too effectively and safely conduct emergency response. Customer and employee’s safety as well as system reliability depend on the manager’s ability to appropriately react under emergency conditions.
- Financial skills – The area manager is responsible for developing and maintaining budget adherence. Responsible for ensuring the department runs efficiently within the committed budget. Managers are expected to develop creative solutions to improve productivity and efficiency, including utilizing new technology when possible.
- Customer Service – The area manager must understand the fundamentals of providing excellent customer service. Ensure that area goals are met while providing superior customer service.
- This position requires the manager provide clear direction to employees. Customers and employee safety and system reliability depend on clear communication and dynamic training. The manager must provide clear direction and effective problem resolution. Must posses vast operating knowledge to allow for excellent judgment and sound decision making ability.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Requires thorough knowledge of maintenance standards, work practices and procedures and safety requirements. Also requires knowledge of design and construction of gas distributionfacilities and equipment, as well as the codes and regulations that govern the operation and maintenance of the gas distribution system. Requires knowledge of the theoretical and practical application of project management techniques, tools and software. Requires strong administrative, communication and leadership skills.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, related discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree or MBApreferred.
Experiences: Ten years of related gas experience.
Licenses & Certifications: Licenses & Certifications: Massachusetts Drivers License, D.O.T. preferred.