Purpose of Job:
Contributes to the overall success of the 2nd Line AML Transformation Program, Operations, Global FIU ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Key Job Accountabilities:
Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
Project Management Leadership - Leads, initiates and/or actively participates in the various project phases from -requirements through to implementation to sustainment by:
- Analyzing data to identify trends, interdependencies among variables and be able to define project scope, developing action plans and gaining agreement to solutions from all stakeholders;
- Diagnosing/projecting potential benefits as well as establishing costs/benefits of a particular project;
- Preparing standard project methodology documents (i.e. Cost Benefit analysis, Implementation strategies, Terms of Reference, Project Charters, etc.);
- Developing implementation strategy/communication strategy and ensure acceptance by key parties;
- Coordinating and developing pilot/proof of concept as applicable as well as ensuring UAT is completed and satisfactory as applicable;
- Ensuring project deliverables are cost effective and consistent with department/bank strategies and are met as described in the Terms of Reference/Project Charter documents and project is within budget;
- Identifying training needs for affected departments and participate in the development and scheduling of training strategies/programs/tools;
- Researching existing systems and procedures and analyzing if the proposed changes are valid, implement-able and consistent with departmental resources; and
- Reviewing all policy/legal procedural aspects of the project with appropriate parties to ensure compliance.
Business Plan Execution– Planning, monitoring and managing internal projects of moderate level of complexity from initiation through completion by:
- Leading and/or actively managing in the implementation of a global operating model that established a Global Financial Intelligence Unit that oversees monitors and supports the effective and efficient delivery of financial intelligence functions across the Bank Financial intelligence units.
- Supports the Director and the team to oversee the design and implementation, from a business perspective of IT and data management solutions including a global case management solution and global transaction monitoring solutions.
- Leading and/or coordinating and monitoring the implementation of end-to-end process design, conducting on-going analysis and documenting current and potential future states to improve overall effectiveness for Canadian Banking, International Banking and Global Banking and Markets;
- Leading and actively participating in the coordination of project planning (may include resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management, progress reporting, troubleshooting and people management activities, etc.;
- Developing and updating project plans (roles, tasks, expectations, project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffingrequired), implementation schedule(s) and facilitating signoff of schedules and plan;
- Completing process mapping, providing business benefits and costs analysis to ensure an effective alignment of the project with that of the services provided;
- Leading, coordinating and conducting meetings, facilitating working sessions or presentations with Senior Management on the project’s progress;
- Ensuring all appropriate departments are represented on the project team and results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost;
- Liaising between business and technical aspects of projects to ensure its timely implementation;
- Assisting in preparing related project progress execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule and scope;
- Preparing and/or reviewing communication material, including presentation decks, training materials and ensuring content is applicable to target audiences and aligns with overall program objectives.
- Providing advice and counsel to Business Line Officers, all levels, throughout the project implementation phase; Influencing changes to policy along with viable technological and structural improvements that results in increased productivity with no increase to risk;
- Active problem solver to resolving issues with recommendations, negotiating compromises between team members, Business Line Officers and consultants to meet objectives , overcoming obstacles and guiding team members to alternatives if required;
Relationship Management - Develops and maintains strategic relationships by:
- Establishing, building and maintaining relationships with internal key stakeholders and departments within Canadian, International and Global Banking;
- Collaborating on and developing proposals including project deliverables while ensuring adherence to quality standards;
- Working with a diverse working group, with varying expertise and job levels; and
- Building good working relations with external vendors and internal/external technology partners, as applicable.
Personal Development Leadership- Manages personal (or where applicable “the team’s”) development to ensure knowledge and skills are continually enhanced by:
- Researching best practices and attending courses designed around process, project management, technology and human capital management;
- Keeping abreast of regulatory standards, business short- and long term initiatives and how these may impact the AML program; and
- Challenging the status quo and providing ideas on how best serve our customers while creating Centre of expertise.
- Contributes to a high performance environment, and develops and motivates self and team mates by fostering and inclusive work environment and sharing of best practices and knowledge.
Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Undergraduatedegree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Operations Management. MBA is desirable
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in AML, Compliance and/or Audit capacity in a major financial institution
- Project Management Professional Designation, Six-Sigma (Greenbelt), Lean Certification and/or Agile, an asset.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders in cross-functional teams
- Self-starter attitude with strong, structured, and creative approaches to problem solving
- Ability to communicate (verbal, written) in Spanish is a must
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist designation desired
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence moderate/extensive travel domestically/internationally/globally. (as appropriate).
Requisition ID: 23080