It is the primary responsibility of the Accounting Manager Gaming Audit & Accounting to manage and lead all assigned accounting processes which may include: casino accounting, gaming audit accounting, treasury/bank accounting, cost allocation accounting, miscellaneous accounting, all gaming compliances, gaming taxes and licenses filing and accrual management as well as other accounting functions. This position will assist the Director as a change agent by managing the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives for the responsible gaming finance process areas, regulatory compliance, gaming audits and casino accounting. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures.
- Oversee regulatory gaming licenses, gaming taxes and other regulatory reporting requirements are completed and/or paid on a timely basis.
- Managing responsible project processes related to strategic objectives of Financial Shared Services Center division and oversee implementation and enforcement of management directives, policies and procedures.
- Analyze and recommend new work procedures to Director and identify potential improvements to work-flow involved in posting, summarizing, verifying, and recording, balancing, reviewing and correcting transactions.
- Manage, participate and provide support to accomplish projects for systems implementations and/or processes related improvements for internally or externally initiated projects to ensure that GAA requirements are met and/or work efficiently enhanced.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and international regulatory requirements including SOX, gaming regulations, minimum internal control requirements, IRS, anti-money laundering laws and internal control requirements.
- Lead and champion shared services strategies that deliver high quality, cost effective and value support services across the Company.
- Oversee required communications and information reporting to business units and other clients is prepared and distributed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee Human Resources responsibilities to include: hire, lead, mentor, train and develop a team of Supervisors, Accountants and Clerks by providing challenging opportunities to leverage and improve abilities; provide support, consistent and timely feedback and coaching to build future leaders.
- Performs other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related field; or equivalent education and work experience.
- At least 5 years of accounting or finance experience.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Previous experience working in a similar casino or Financial Shared Services Center setting.
- At least 2 years of experience with revenue accounting for Slots, Table Games, Race & Sports, Poker and Keno areas.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.