The Finance division is home to crew and leaders who drive sustainable value across the global enterprise. Our high caliber professionals serve as trusted and influential strategic partners to business leaders across the organization in the areas of financial modeling, fiscal responsibility, product development and administration, risks and controls, real estate and facilities management, and enterprise supply management. Internal to the Finance division, high caliber professionals in our Finance Transformation group lead the division to future state operating models through leadership of large scale global transformations.
Our strong focus on value creation across the enterprise is equaled by our unwavering commitment to creating a culture and environment that maximizes the impact and potential of crew, and develops future generations of leaders in the organization.
Vanguard’s Finance division is a talent destination for exceptionalfinancial professionals looking to be part of a best-in-class organization that is one of Vanguard’s most trusted voices. The Finance Transformation group is currently seeking a Manager – FundReporting, Expenses andDistributions to ensure that fundfinancial statements andother data in annual/semiannualreports toshareholders and SEC filings are timely, accurate, and in compliance with SEC andGAAP requirements. To review calculations of amounts available for funddistributions, determinerequired income and capital gaindistributions, and provide information foryear-endtaxreporting toshareholders. To oversee fund advisory fee calculations and monitorother fund expenses.Experience withfinancialreporting for US and/orinternational fundspreferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Reviews fund financial statements and other data in annual/semiannual reports to shareholders for accuracy, completeness, consistency with VGI policies and compliance with applicable regulatory and accounting standards.
- Reviews fund quarterly portfolio holdings reports (Form N-Q) and semi-annual filings to SEC on Form N-SAR for accuracy, completeness, consistency with VGI policies and compliance with SEC rules.
- Reviews calculations of amounts of income and capital gains available for distribution to fund shareholders. Determines targeted distribution rates by fund and share class to promote fund tax-efficiency and avoid fund taxliability.
- Works with Tax and other departments, and reviews calculations and disclosures to ensure accuracy and timeliness of year-end taxreporting information communicated to shareholders on Forms 1099-Div, 1099-INT, or separate mailings.
- Reviews advisory fee and other expense calculations to ensure accuracy and compliance with terms of advisory contracts, trust documents, etc. Coordinates with Portfolio Review and Legal Department to implement new contracts or amendments.
- Develops and implements operational plans to achieve departmental and corporate objectives. Works within dept. and across departments / divisions in the planning, development and execution of short and long range goals. Demonstrates initiative and creativity in independently recommending and implementing solutions. Analyzes costs impacting decisions.
- Champions Vanguard Unmatchable Excellence efforts with an emphasis on minimizing business risk. Analyzes departmental statistics and prepares reports to Department Head. Uses available data to monitor progress and measure success. Validates trends and establishes ownership for corrective action.
- Identifies opportunities and leads department projects to improve efficiency, particularly with better use of technology and improved interdepartmental communication.
- Promotes effective communications and working relationships with internal suppliers and clients, and with external auditors. Anticipates and addresses client needs.
- Participates in the development of the departmental business plan and budget.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduatedegree in accounting or finance, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of five years of related experience and one to two years management experience.
- Ability to respond to reporting changes, communicate same to staff and other departments, and effectively develop implementation plans.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects or objectives.
- Familiarity with SEC and generally accepted accounting principles for mutual fundspreferred.
- Strong technical understanding of mutual fund accounting practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Excel proficiency.
- Experience with financialreporting for US and/or international funds preferred
- You should be aware this will designate you as a Fund Access Person and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.