Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, and multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients’ evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. Our focused investment in technology means our systems, processes and solutions are innovative, first-to-market and give us a leading edge. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn’t just a job – it’s an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role;
The Manager must demonstrate leadership skills in coaching, motivating team members and dealing with client and counterparts in other groups. In addition, the Manager will review accounting work and reconciliation packages prepared by staff. This person will also review work to ensure reasonability of all matters affecting the NAV, classification of assets and liabilities, and capital transactions.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Maintain and control the general ledger and various sub-ledgers
- Prepare and review financial statements, footnotes, and partner capital statements
- Prepare and review limited partner and general partner allocations
- Prepare and review trial balances and work paper product
- Review capital activity that pertains to the funds including capital calls, distributions, and transfers
- Prepare and review fee calculations including (but not limited to) management fees, admin fees, waterfall clawback, and carried interest calculations
- Manage and monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables
- Interact with senior management and manage overall relationships for multiple clients
- Provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients
- Establish plan for new client setup and transitions
- Coordinate with Operations group, Financial Statement group, Tax group, and Investor Relations group
- Coordinate, manage, and monitor external audit process
- Review private equity fund client’s partnership agreements, PPMs and other materials
- Implementation of fund structures on accounting system
- Ad hoc reports as needed
- 4+ years’ experience in managing a team of Fund Accountants, Senior Fund Accountants and Supervisors
- 3-5 years of fund accounting experience in either a Private Equity Fund, Private Equity Fund Administrator, or other financial institution where the accountant has gained financial products knowledge
- Knowledge of US/Canadian GAAP and other comprehensive basis of accounting
- Experience in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory experience of other professionals
- Project management skills with attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word essential, experienced user of the SunGard Investran PE accounting platform highly desirable.
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development
- Great working environment, a calendar of social events for an engaging office community, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence
Citco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.