It is the primary responsibility of the Manager of Fraud Control to monitor and evaluate operational activities throughout the company for theft and misappropriation. The Manager will provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to the Senior Investigator and Fraud Investigators. The Manger is the liaison between the functional audit area and the department Director.
- Oversee, supervise, support and direct the work product of the Fraud Investigators and Senior Investigators to ensure accuracy, evaluate completeness and organize source documentation to substantiate and support timely department investigations for presentation to internal and external business partners and Law Enforcement.
- Assess the performance and potential of the Investigators and Senior Investigators.
- Guide the design and strategy for use of electronic system tools to improve processes, mine data, extract and report data for fraud investigation or mitigation.
- Prepare and fully analyze system reports, and make recommendations and decisions based on data.
- Establish, present and execute on innovative ideas, projects and business solutions while striving for continuous process improvement.
- Develop and communicate objectives, while still executing tasks at a detailed level, to all business partners.
- Utilize strong leadership skills to motivate employees, at all levels, to action while managing day-to-day operations.
- Build, lead and mentor an effective, high-performance team. Recognizes the accomplishments of team members.
- Build and maintain personnel and project schedules for large department while accounting for employee and company needs.
- Display initiative and follow through on all issues to a very detailed level, and to full resolution, by overcoming challenges and obstacles; yet also be able to understand and manage overall department goals and objectives at a high level.
- Develop, promote and manage a comprehensive Risk Assessment, Fraud Training Program and learning / growth frameworks for the company by anticipating and overcoming potential obstacles.
- Create and model an environment of trust and accountability where expectations, measurements and responsibilities are transparent.
- Create and foster an environment of alignment where corporate objectives, property/department goals, and individual team member goals are aligned to business results.
- Build strong relationships by actively collaborating with all business stakeholders, internal and external, along with industry peers, Law Enforcement and Regulators.
- Stay abreast of emerging Fraud Trends, as well as MGM Resorts policies and practices, relevant to role by developing self and others.
- Display effective communication skills and the demonstrated ability to resolve all situations in a professional manner whereby maintaining composure, under pressure, while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Exhibit integrity and high ethical standards and ability to exercise sound judgment in dealing with sensitive situations to all business partners.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for the company in conducting investigations and safeguarding confidential information.
- Conduct investigations in accordance with the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners Code of Professional Standards.
- Comply with all management directives, policies and procedures.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 5 years of management experience preferably in financial or hospitality industries.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Knowledge of Nevada Gaming Minimum Internal Control Standards.
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.