WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry. If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
The Manager of Fraud Analytics is responsible for management of the Fraud Analytics area, including all supporting technology, process and a team of highly skilled Fraud Analysts and Data Scientists. The role will lead a team responsible for delivering deep level insights in regards to Fraud patterns and emerging trends, and recommend actionable and real-time Fraud strategies, including deployment of fraud rules and model enhancements. The Manager of Fraud Analytics will help develop prioritization and impact analysis of fraud strategies across the business, investment optimization, maintaining a robust data environment while continuously evaluating and improving data sources, structures, and tools. The successful candidate will be able to “get into the weeds and do the work” while developing and implementing a long-term roadmap in conjunction with executive leadership. This position requires a hands-on leader with experience in building teams and mentoring staff.
Mentor staff and increase the analytic capability and capacity of the PRO organization
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ownership of the Fraud Analytics function within WEX: creation of actionable insights to drive fraud mitigation initiatives and action to improve the fraud performance through our processes, people and technology.
- Lead the Fraud Analytics team.
- Manage fraud model prediction process
(1) ensuring data integrity, hygiene and functionality
(2)overseeing the analytic tool set
(3) continue to evolve the data infrastructure to support fraud insights and strategies.
- Development and ongoing management, tracking and reporting of success metrics tied to Fraud initiatives
- Consolidate qualitative and quantitative data into deep insights for inputs into a continuous feedback loop of fraud initiatives across the enterprise
- Identify and leverage the latest analytics tools and technologies to drive efficiency and accuracy
- Prioritization and road mapping of insights and data management initiatives
- Work with cross-functional analytics and technology teams across the business
- Support ongoing and ad-hoc reporting requests
- Leverage a deep understanding predictive analytics, BIG DATA and new technologies to lead the development of insight modelling that will drive higher levels of fraud detection and identify emerging fraud patterns
- Identify opportunities for automation of key reporting to deliver speed and efficiency
- Oversee the execution of the Analytics roadmap and adherence to budget
- Mentor staff and increase the analytic capability and capacity of the PRO organization
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- · Bachelor’s degree in analytic or related field
- · 5+ years experience in Fraud Analysis
- · 2 years in a leadership role
- · Advanced expertise in utilizing complex analytic techniques to drive key insights from disparate qualitative and quantitative data – not limited to unstructured text analysis of large data sets, predictive modeling, clustering, and regression tress (CART), data mining, and optimization techniques
- · Proficient in utilizing statistical methods to test hypothesis, develop insights, and make recommendations.
- · Exceptional quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- · Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver against aggressive goals
- · Assess and coach analysts on new skills and analysis techniques
- · Proficiency in data-mining software such as SAS/SQL or equivalent
- · Advanced capabilities in extracting and manipulating large data sets
- · Accomplished change leader: demonstrates a flexible approach and resilience to setbacks and able to drive operating and culture change: long-term vision and leadership stamina to maintain course within a constantly changing environment
- · Ability to communicate with both highly technical and non-technical individuals to drive understanding and inspire creativity
- · Provide strong leadership, develop and set individual and departmental performance goals
- · Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail a must
- · Experience in team leadership and coordinating across multiple business units preferred
- · Unique fraud prevention focus. Strong record of achievement in applying fraud mitigation solutions and approaches to achieve financial goals
- · Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- · Ability to establish credibility and be decisive – but able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities
- · Expert knowledge of analytic solutions platforms, software, partners, and emerging trends.
- · Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Research or other quantitative