Zapproved is seeking a Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis to work directly with leaders across our organization to assist in reporting, forecasting and analyzing financial and operational results.
In this capacity, you will lead the budgeting process by working directly with the functional team leaders, develop financial models and analyses, maintain financial models and systems, and collaborate on special projects to support the various business units to support their financial analysis. The Manager of FP&A reports directly to the CFO.
We are seeking an analytical candidate with strong business acumen and relevant practical experience. You should be an adaptive self starter and a strong addition to our finance team who will help lead, challenge and coach your colleagues. You should maintain a penchant for efficiency with accuracy. You’ll need to be able to make well-reasoned, timely decisions in a fast-paced environment and communicate well with stakeholders at all levels.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage annual financial planning cycles through working with executive level management
- Manage quarterly forecasts and budgeting cycles
- Maintain company and departmental budgets
- Prepare and distribute recurring reporting packages on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, focusing on key financial results, operational metrics, and performance to targets, quotas and budget
- Develop, maintain and modify financial models and modeling tools
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, expenses, and operations
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances
- Prepare analysis and interpret complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Assist in management of Treasury function with cash flowforecasting
- Develop ad hoc reporting as requested by the management team, the Board or functional team leads
- Work on special projects to support the functional teams with their financial analysis, including financial analysis and key assumption development for business case/key initiatives
- Interact and comfortably work with the senior leadership team
- Clearly and effectively present results, in person or in writing
What You Should Have:
- 5 to 7+ years of experience in public accounting, FP&A functions or related business environment
- Experience in a fast-paced, growing, ever changing environment
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, such as GAAP and accrual-based accounting
- Superior strategic thinking and financial analysis skills, well-developed problem solving skills and strong attention to details required
- Experience resolving complex financial operations issues
- Strong spreadsheet (MS Excel) and database skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks under deadlines
- Creative process improvement/work simplification minutest
What Would Be Nice:
- BA/BS in Accounting and/or Finance preferred
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Experience in a software company or start-up organization.