Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
The Finance team is at the heart of everything Policygenius does. We ensure that financial performance is forecasted and tracked and that each department has the financial data it needs to meet goals. Reporting into the VP of Finance, you will have a unique opportunity to play an integral role in developing Pg’s financial strategy and building processes from the ground up!
- Streamline FP&A operations to enable better decision making and deliver deeper analysis on faster timelines
- Lead company-wide monthly/quarterly forecastingprocesses, including assisting in the development of corporate budgets and financial targets
- Support colleagues on financial issues impacting their areas of accountability and help build/enhance reporting as necessary
- Maintain our analysis and budgeting process with input and guidance from senior leadership
- Collaborate with the Assistant Controller to analyze and report out on budgeted results and when necessary, reforecasting to shape decision making
- Provide accurate, timely, and actionable monthly reporting on key business metrics to operating teams, company leadership, and other groups as necessary
- A Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of financial planning and analysis experience; insurance agency/brokerage experiencepreferred
- A passion for numbers & precision; you understand the importance of company financials and do not compromise on accuracy
- Excellent customer focus, a service mentality, and the desire to partner withinternal stakeholders
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated success working in an independent, deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis
- Advanced modeling and presentation skills; experience in Excel, Google Docs, and Quickbooks or similar system
- An energetic, go-getter mentality, a “no job too big or small” attitude, and a passion for the Policygenius mission