At Neenah, we have a long history – rooted in a proud heritage of paper making. For over 100 years, we’ve grown and evolved our technology, our methodologies, the materials we use and what we make. We’re laser-focused on increasing our organic growth trajectory and leading the market in platforms including Filtration Media, Digital & Specialty Coatings, Custom Engineered Solutions and Imaging & Packaging, enabled by both our culture and our capabilities.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Finance team, as FP&A Operations Manager. In this role, you lead a team of finance managers/analysts with primary focus on analysis, decision support, accounting, internal controls and compliance, and personnel development for facilities across the US. Additionally, this position will help to inform and influence critical financial and operational decisions.
We are looking for a proactive, self-starter with strong skills in data analytics, business intelligence, budgeting, Excel, PowerPoint and financial modeling. This role is located in either Neenah, WI or Alpharetta, GA and reports to the US Operations Controller.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure high quality and timely financial, business and process support to enable operations and business teams achieve or exceed business objectives.
- Financial analysis and guidance to Operations, including capital analysis and cost savings.
- Cost analysis and guidance regarding cost of new and existing business for R&D teams, and business development groups.
- Financial insight on an ongoing and ad-hoc basis to the traffic and supply chain groups to facilitate understanding of monthly results and proposed project.
- Lead and/or support related process initiatives to ensure improved performance.
- Ensure proper accounting and financial reporting of sector results, working with the support team at corporate accounting
- Month-end closing for the operations sector meets corporate accounting requirements and deadlines.
- Ensure financial business processes are working properly and efficiently. Ensure proper internal controls are in place to meet internal and external audit requirements.
- Internal control procedures are in place and effective, including SOX compliance and internal audit reviews
- Cross functional interaction to maintain/ensure Oracle transactional integrity and accuracy of financial transactions
- Ensure accurate and timely financial planning and forecasting to meet business requirements.
- Forecasting and budgeting for North American Operations and Distribution.
- Lead and manage the North American Operations Finance and Accounting team.
- Leadership, coaching, training and development of team members.
- Ensure effective and accurate KPI and performance reporting for all areas of responsibility
- Proper level of reporting operating results (i.e. COM, AOC) that informs teams and drives insight toward business improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, Accounting or another Business-related field.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in a Finance or Business Analytics role required.
- Experience with financial reporting, forecasting, and P&L analysis required.
- Requires advanced Excel skills with knowledge with business modeling, and forecasting.
- Must be able to collaborate within a matrixed organization (Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations, IT, Supply Chain, Customer Service) while managing multiple projects.
- Intellectually curious, proactive and highly adaptable self-starter.
- Comfortable working to sometimes short deadlines and often with changing and competing priorities.
- Solution-focused and flexible to adapt to the needs of the business
- Highly organized and proactive in project management and execution; ensuring timely delivery of projects to a high standard
- Excellent communication and consulting skills with the ability to engage, motivate and influence stakeholders; the ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving abilities; ability to troubleshoot, find root-cause of issues and follow through to correct
- Process driven with the desire for improvement and efficiency
- Strong Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- CPG and/or Manufacturing experience