McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Current Need This individual will be responsible for the overall rollup of US Pharma functional groups. They will assist their business partners through finance activities such as the annual planning process, the annual strategic plan process, the monthly forecast process, as well as monthly results review. They will be responsible for identifying, developing and deploying consolidating reporting on key department metrics/drivers and report on them monthly. This individual will assist the Sr. Director of FP&A with providing insight on both historical results as well as go forward projections to Corporate. He/she should have proven experience building and maintaining solid business partnerships. They should be assertive, pro-active and self-driven.
Responsible for managing, preparing, administering, and directing the control of the budget. Manages the activities of the financial analyst staff. Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control. Monitors division and department adherence to approved budget.
- Monthly forecast consolidation and variance reporting – This individual is responsible for running the month-end close process and consolidating updates and presentations related to month-end close. Responsible to work closely with the team(s) to consolidate monthly/annual forecast files. It is important for this individual to understand the strategic drivers of the business (understand how the business actually works) and clearly highlight when there are areas that could become derailers or opportunities to the financial results.
- Annual planning process – Responsible to consolidate the annual operating plan for various functions in partnership with functional leadership and preparing presentations for all levels of review.
- Annual strategic (long-range) plan process– Assist the team in the formulation of its overall strategic direction and
coordinate the annual strategic plan process.
- Executive presentations and other reporting as requested – Support business partners with quarterly or annual report outs on their operational & financial results as well as other ad hoc requests that arise.
- Other Ad hoc analysis in support of finance initiatives or consolidated views.
3+ years of financial or accounting experience and demonstrated leadership skills
- Exceptional knowledge and ability to analyze financial statements, forecasts, month end close, budgets, etc.
- Advance level Financial modeling experience using MS Excel
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree
Additional Knowledge & Skills- Prior experience using an ERP system such as SAP, JDE, Oracle, etc
- Previous healthcare or Pharma experience (preferred)- Experience supporting sales teams is a plus
- Ability to navigate through complex issues, interpret and transform financial data into recommendations to senior
- Prior success in building effective business partnerships with the ability to influence decision makers
4-year degree in finance or related field