MANAGER, FINANCIAL PLANNING
Top 5 Must Haves for the Ideal Candidate:
1. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in FP&A, finance or business analysis role and 2 years’ experience managing individuals; Prior financial services industry experience preferred.
2. Strong knowledge of financial statements, corporate finance and accounting principles and advanced financial modeling and analysis skills. Expert proficiency in the use of business applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
3. Experience with financial reporting and general ledger applications tools.
4. Highly motivated with demonstrated experience managing multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
5. Bachelor’s degree (finance, economics or accounting preferred, but not required), MBA a plus
This position will play a leading role in planning and reporting efforts within the group while developing and managing direct reports and relationships with key leaders / stakeholders within various business units. The Manager, Financial Planning is responsible for providing financial insight as well as leadership and direction in support of the Financial Planning group of the Corporate Finance function, which broadly encompasses financial analysis, forecasting, management reporting, budget planning and management and financial reporting.
• Develop and maintains complex financial models as part of the company’s forecasting, budgeting, and annual planning processes (weekly and monthly reporting, annual planning / budgeting)
• Determine the best approach to analyzing data and work independently to solve complex problems
• Assess the financial and economic performance through detailed understanding of revenue and cost drivers, identifying ways to increase growth and profitability
• Work with specific units in the context of regular financial monitoring, evaluation of new initiatives, budgeting, forecasting, and performance improvement
• Monitor performance of various business units and departments (including variance analyses) and preparing periodic reports for senior management
• Maintain forecasting, budget, and key operating metrics and databases within applicable systems
• Assist with implementation of new tools and systems
• Assist in the producing analysis and recommendations for senior management with respect to strategic business decisions
• Help to improve current finance processes through simplification and/or automation
• Manage and direct a team of financial analysts.
A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary, performance-based bonus and comprehensive benefits.
Valid through: 11/25/2020