This role is an integral part of the Global Brand FP&A team providing financial support and extensive analytics to the Global Brand Senior Brand Management in New York, as well as the six (6) Regional Brand Teams: The Global Brand in NY includes: The Global Brand President, the NY International GM, Creative, Marketing, Product Development, PR, other. FP&A support will cover the annual Budget & Strategy, including long range planning as well as several ad hoc analyses throughout the year and other special projects. Heavy spreadsheets and data retrieval analytics are required using various systems.
- Assist in the preparation and management of the Global Brand Annual Budget Package Presentation to Senior Management.
- Assist in the preparation, review and management of the Global Brand Strategy & Long-Range Planning package to Senior Management including analyses (preparation of the Supplemental Financial Support Book - Strategy)
- Work closely with business teams to assist in the development of financial models, tracking of franchises and channels against Key Performance Indicators, pricing reviews, other.
- Assist in the support and servicing of the NY global Brand and Regional teams as needed. This is a collaborative responsibility with the Corporate Global Brand Finance Group (GBFG) who handles Closing, Reporting, Estimate and Capital, etc. Strong working relationship with the GBFG. Provide supporting analytics to associates in the Global team to be utilized in the Monthly Estimate process and other financial support initiatives.
- Review and interpret monthly Financial Estimate information from the Corporate Performance Management system (CPM) for all international affiliates. Global Brand departments in NY and other functional areas of the Brand for resource allocation and other decision-making purposes.
- Monthly Reporting - work with other senior members of the brand FP&A Team, corporate reporting and the GBFG to develop ad hoc reporting/analytics; they are created independently by this role using the Company systems and spreadsheets (Excel).
- Review all financial information of affiliates and collaborate with regions to ensure that Visible consumer spend (OPEX and Capital) are in line with the Global Brand Strategy (i.e. levels by franchise and expense types), is on plan or within the agreed estimate levels.
- Review and understand monthly financial reports, i.e. P&L's, reports to Investor Relations, Monthly Performance reporting, New Product reporting, COG's/Gross Margin management, other; in order to be knowledgeable about the brand and to provide a strong foundation for FP&A work.
- Investigate performance variances from various perspectives (category, channel, doors, NPL vs. commercial) against Plans and Estimates, provide insights & recommend actions
- Assist with special projects / project management.