FP&A Manager (Fortune 500 business unit)
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team leads 2 primary functions: (1) the team is responsible for managing total segment planning, budgeting, and forecastingprocesses and (2) owns consolidated total segment internal reporting. This includes leading the annual OP Planning process and Quarterly Review forecasts across the business segment. The FP&A team performs all monthly and quarterly financialreporting for senior management review meetings while partnering with the business teams and corporate FP&A.
- Lead monthly, quarterly and annual planning cycles by a) developing and publishing timelines and schedules, b) developing and publishing forecast guidance, assumptions, and templates, and c) validating forecast data loads
- Analyze month-end results, approve journal entries as needed and prepare variance analysis for department costs, as well as T&E and Headcount reporting
- Develop and update forecast reporting templates and schedules that are used by all business units for corporate and segment operating rhythms
- Support all consolidated total segment financialreporting and analytics to support monthly and quarterly financial reviews
- Further develop functional SG&A expense analysis & reporting tools used for monthly business reviews as well as work with business leaders to develop and maintain detailed forecasts for the SG&A portion of the P&L
- Oversee reporting and analysis and distribute to segment management including: daily sales, CapEx, weekly BUB preparation and other ad hoc requests
- Establish regular processes and rhythms partnering with business unit FP&A leaders to identify and communicate risks and opportunities to financial commitments, conduct scenario modeling, perform trending analyses and benchmark performance
- Support reporting requirements for company-wide corporate led initiatives through development of standard templates, consolidation of business inputs and creation of executive summaries and consolidated reports (examples include working capital, productivity and hedge planning)
- Perform ad-hocreporting requests and drive standard reporting where applicable to reduce ad-hoc requests
? The ideal candidate will be a process oriented individual with a strong finance background that includes experience in business segment finance and corporate environments
? Proven performance in Financial Planning & Analysis roles and use of Hyperion toolsets
? Self-motivated mindset and project management skills are imperative to ensure proper collaboration across the various businesses and functional teams within the segment
? Comfortable in a fast paced and changing environment
? Ability to meet strict and challenging deadlines under pressure
? Undergraduate degreerequired in accounting, finance or economics
? 5-10 years of experience in finance: FP&A, commercial, operations, or corporate
? Candidates' experience should also include experience in a dynamic, large company environment, as well as experience with financial analysis, reporting and/or budgeting.
? Articulate and effective communication skills with an appreciation for cultural dynamics
? Demonstrated problem resolution skills
? Must be detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task
? Ability to work independently with little supervisionworking with business leaders
? Ability to work effectively in a cross functional team
? Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
? SAP and HFM experience, or similar ERP/Reporting tools, is preferred.