Manager Food Service
5 - 7 years experience • Patient Care
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A hospital kitchen is a busy place. We’re serving visitors and staff in our cafeteria-style dining room while also preparing patient meals to precise specifications. Ensuring patient’s dietary needs are met. Delivering and monitoring meals. Providing wholesome, delicious food to everyone who walks through our doors. Maintaining a clean kitchen that meets all state health department requirements. There’s a lot going on and the Food Service Manager is the one who directs and supervises hospital personnel with regards to daily meal planning, preparation, and service of food to patients, visitors and staff members.
Are you a strong team leader? Can you multi-task with a smile? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do you love knowing that your work ultimately nurtures healing and care? We have a kitchen that needs you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist in orientations and training of new employees.
- Accountability for financial and productivity performance.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- Set high standards for department.
- Responsible for personnel management.
- Written reports and data collection related to administrative operation, such as repairs/maintenance of equipment, continuous inventory of supplies on hand, regulatory standards..
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Identify personal learning needs. Seek opportunity for continued learning.
- Utilize time productively.
- Demonstrate flexibility in staffing and adaptability to changes in patient care practice.
- Exercise safe judgement in decision making.
- Demonstrate tact and understanding when dealing with others. Respond in a positive manner to constructive criticism.
- Knowledge of current food safety practices and applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to lift 10-20 lbs.
- Must have experience of food service management experience in a hospital setting and be ServSafe Certified.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
5-10 Years Experience