The F&B Analytics Manager will support the Director of Hospitality Analytics in providing the day-to-day leadership of a centralized analytical capability within MGM Resorts International focused on guiding performance optimization of food & beverage operations, creating strategic initiatives to enhance performance, and follow through with property leadership to ensure implementation of opportunities. The scope of responsibility for this position will include designing, creating, and leading complex analytics to ensure the effective functioning of the F&B operations across the Company, and supporting work with F&B leaders at the Company’s multiple casino resorts across the U.S. to facilitate change and margin improvement. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Take ownership of high-impact initiatives, conduct analyses, make recommendations, and drive implementation to ensure opportunities are realized.
- Manage and coach F&B Analyst and additional EA resources as needed to perform high-impact analyses that result in financial and operational performance improvement.
- Develop analytical frameworks and repeatable models to support high-impact initiatives, including volume forecasting, price optimization, hour/days of operation optimization and capacity utilization.
- Perform data gathering and analyses to identify performance improvement opportunities at the enterprise level, property level, dining segment level or individual outlet level.
- Develop and produce presentations to articulate best practice recommendations for implementation and syndicate with multiple F&B stakeholders.
- Facilitate meetings and lead discussions with key property F&B leadership including VP of F&B, Director of F&B, Executive Chef, outlet GMs and chefs, as well as lead discussions with property CFOs, corporate and property advertising, and other key stakeholders.
- Size the impact of potential profit-driving initiatives and develop and maintain the reporting needed to track the impact after implementation.
- Create winning strategies for specific F&B outlets or property portfolio of outlets, to ensure each property is maximizing it’s potential (revenue, cost, margin, customer satisfaction).
- Develop and transfer capabilities within existing F&B teams at each of the Company’s properties, including training and coaching of property F&B analysts, GMs, chefs, and F&B leadership.
- Support a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction.
- Complete additional special projects and complete other job-related duties as assigned.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics, mathematics, or related quantitative field.
- At least 5 years of work experience in an analytical or strategic role, with experience working with senior executives.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and business acumen as demonstrated through previous work experience and accomplishments.
- Strong understanding of pricing theory, including price elasticity of demand and its application in the food & beverage industry.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting and/or with food & beverage operations/analytics.
- MBA degree or other graduate degree in similar quantitative field.
- Superior academic track record and standardized test scores (GMAT, SAT).
- Ability to automate analytical processes and reporting using Excel macros and VBA.
- Ability to query internal data systems and databases using SQL and SAS and manipulate information to develop key insights.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.