EY’s people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Our Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) practice is a specialty advisory unit that provides integrated market, credit and operational risk management; operations improvement, business integration, and strategic cost management; and regulatory and treasury advisory services to financial institutions and other capital markets participants. FSRM includes individuals who have industry, client and product knowledge as well as quantitative, regulatory, project management and technology professionals. Our teams work together to coordinate the delivery of risk management, regulatory and business performance services to a variety of clients, including commercial banks, investment banks, broker-dealers, asset managers, insurance and energy trading companies, and other organizations.
FSRM is looking for a Manager with credit risk experience acquired in the banking industry or in advisory services.
The FSRM Manager - Credit Risk will be involved in all aspects of the delivery of financial risk services to advisory and assurance client accounts. The role will provide specialized services in credit risk quantification and analytics.
The Manager will be responsible for engagement oversight and delivery; team management and coaching; engagement execution; engagement economics and reporting, as well as developing and maintaining productive relationships with clients.
The Manager will also be involved in practice development initiatives ranging from business development to staff and team development
- Strong academic background with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or Engineering (equivalent education and/or experience may also be considered)
- Knowledge of credit risk regulatory capital requirements for Banks (Basel II, Basel III, E-18)
- Knowledge of accounting standards related to credit provisions (IAS 39, IFRS 9)
- 5 years of experience with credit risk modelling including models for the purposes of adjudication, collections, regulatory, accounting, stress testing and economic capital.
- Experience working with data and performing related analysis including knowledge of programming languages such as SAS, R, Python or Matlab.
- Experience working in a banking environment with a well-developed risk management culture and infrastructure or comparable experience working as an advisor to financial services companies
- Possess the desire and ability to work closely with quantitative and technology professionals on engagements
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and willing to ask probing questions to identify client opportunities
- Possess strong communication, presentation and technical writing skills to describe ideas, concepts and issues that involve interpretation, analysis and assessment of complex conceptual topics
- Possess a self-starting attitude, an ability to think outside the box and thrive on new challenges
- Willingness to travel on short notice to meet client needs
- A risk management designation such as FRM, PRM or CERA would be an asset