The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find DST, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.
The Financial Services Operations Manager is responsible for managing department personnel and overseeing daily operations, ensuring quality service, customer satisfaction and a positive work environment. The Manager oversees the timely and accurate processing of all transactions and the maintenance of shareholder accounts within established quality, productivity and budgetary guidelines.
- Manages and provides leadership to supervisors and department personnel. Manages salary administration, plans adequate staffing levels, promotes training and development and assures compliance with company human resources management policies/programs.
- Interfaces with all levels of personnel at assigned client(s) on a regular basis. Identifies and responds to sensitive client issues and problems; resolves issues through communication with subordinates, other departments, explaining procedures or systems capabilities. Escalates highly complex problems having significant impact on financials or client relationship to officer.
- Manages daily workflow/prioritization and, if applicable, monitors service provided by support departments; ensures all functions are performed efficiently, on a timely basis and meet quality and productivity standards. Reviews current operating procedures, makes revisions and implements changes. Handles special requests and/or exception items, escalating highly sensitive items to officer.
- Participates in the development and achievement of department goals in conjunction with upper; implements strategies and procedures to improve service levels, productivity, and the cost effectiveness of department operations; monitors results and keeps management informed. Implements new funds and/or enhanced products by coordinating resources with systems, custodian, control, staff and support groups.
- Ensures training and development of department personnel. Monitors associates' progress; evaluates and adjusts group training needs as necessary; provides frequent and regular feedback to direct reports. Participates in the creation of, and enhancements to, associate development plans.
- Ensures maximum utilization of all AWD/IWS applications and equipment by obtaining the most current information from AWD/IWS Coordinator and monitoring staff utilization.
- Directs the preparation of quality and productivity status reports for upper-level management; provides detailed analysis and recommendations.
- Provides input to the budgeting process as directed by officer. Operates within approved budget guidelines, controls operating costs and makes recommendations for reducing expenses; prepares periodic status reports for management.
- Manages and performs special projects, including Year-End.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of formal education and work experience.
- 5-7 years transfer agency or related industry experience, including at least 2 years management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of transfer agency operations policies, procedures and legals.
- Detailed knowledge of system capabilities and applications.
- Working knowledge of financial services industry preferred.
- Leadership skills utilized to effectively monitor and develop subordinates to ensure smooth operations of department, including training, evaluation and communication of expectations, requirements and results, and ensuring implementation and consistent application of corporate policies, procedures, and quality standards.
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, in order to present, discuss and advise client(s), subordinates, upper management and other departments. Presentation skills are required to participate in client visits and presentations.
- Decision making, prioritization and delegation skills are required to effectively manage daily operations. Planning and goal setting skills are required to ensure highest client service levels are provided.