How You Will Make a Difference:
- Coordinate and review the global monthly submissions and consolidation of financial information. This includes reviewing individual and/or consolidated financial data, as well as other information such as consolidating journal entries.
- Review of the financial reporting package distributed to leadership, which is used as the basis for monitoring operations and making key business decisions.
- Organize and perform monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting, including preparation of financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement and statement of stockholders’ equity) and other financial information to support SEC and other public filings. Assist in the review of the financial information and report any findings or suggestions to the team, as appropriate.
- Other reporting responsibilities include 1) establishing and maintaining elimination journal entries for the consolidation, 2) completing and distributing the internal financial reporting calendar and 3) coordinating the review and/or completing the review of inter-company accounts
- Interface with business units, other corporate functions (e.g., financial planning and analysis, tax, treasury, corporate accounting) and external auditors. Specifically, this role will be a key contact for ends users and the system administrator of VF’s consolidation system.
- Review quarterly SOX documentation prepared for internal and external auditors. Work with the Senior Accountant to ensure that all SOX efforts are being completed timely and accurately.
- Provide answers to questions raised by the SEC and Technical Accounting teams, Director of Financial Reporting, Financial Controller and other senior financial or operating personnel. This could involve actual results, acquisitions or divestitures, changes in capitalization or other corporate operational or strategic issues.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 5 - 7 years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s in Accounting
- CPA Preferred
- Industry experience preferred
- Consolidation system experience required (SAP BPC experience preferred)
- SOX experience required
- Knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting
- Ability to multitask and react to changes in priorities