A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place toWork® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
Reporting to the Director, Financial Reporting, the incumbent will lead the financial reporting team in the preparation, oversight, management and coordination of the operations for investment funds including but not limited to; regulatory filings, financial statements and audit, MRFP, expense budgets and MER tracking for the funds.
The incumbent should possess the knowledge, skills and experience required to lead an experienced team, and to assess, recommend and implement process improvements and operational efficiencies to better support the Fund Administration business.
You will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, successful and well respected mutual fund operation that works closely with senior partners across multiple divisions of the company. You will be given the opportunity to make a difference and take ownership in a role where your efforts will be recognized and rewarded.
The incumbent is expected to perform the various position duties independently under general direction from the Director. Theincumbent will support the group's business and strategic objectives. In their execution, the incumbent is expected to act independently within approved project guidelines and within department and Bank policy.
- Lead the preparation of the financial statements for quarterly/semi-annual and annual reporting periods;
- Lead the preparation and review of month-end reporting duties of the team;
- Lead the coordination of the annual audits, including liaison with external auditors;
- Liaise with other departments on various issues that arise, questions, and/or requests for information;
- Review of fund expenses, absorption and MER calculations;
- Liaise with appropriate groups and on new fund launches, prospectus renewals and amendment projects;
- Develop, mentor and motivate the financial reporting team members;
- Lead special projects/analyses on an ad hoc basis as assigned by the Director.
- Minimum 18 months managerial or supervisory experience overseeing more than 1 staff member
- Experience in the fund administration / mutual fund industry
- Working knowledge of relevant regulations and accounting standards
- Proficient in MS Office (excel & access)
- Attention to detail and the ability to adhere to time-sensitive deadlines
- Highly motivated, independent, innovative and results-oriented attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mutual funds industry experience is required
- A financial reporting background is highly desirable
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATIONS:
- Accounting designation preferred
- University Degree in accounting, finance, business or economics focus would be considered an asset