As a manager, financial reporting you’ll be responsible for the financial reporting function ensuring timely, accurate accounting and reporting that complies with statutory accounting principles (SAP) and regulations. In this role, you will lead the preparation and review of financial statements and identify opportunities to enhance accounting controls. In addition, you will be responsible for the coordination of the state department of insurance risk financial exam for 43 companies in 12 states.
You’ll lead a team of accountants, administrative staff and interns while overseeing employment decisions, performance management, compensation, reward planning, employee development and monitoring department budget.
Location: Cleveland, OH – Relocation benefits available
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- 6 years Accounting or Finance experience (including corporate or public accounting experience).
- Extensive knowledge of property and casualty statutory accounting and reporting principles
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team through monthly, quarterly, and annual statutory reporting processes
- Prior experience with accounting and reporting for complex affiliate structure and intercompany accounting including reinsurance pooling
- Knowledge of SAS and Workday general ledger
- Excellent verbal, written and collaborative communication skills
- Gainshare bonus up to 30% of your eligible earnings; Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to 6%
- Diverse, inclusive, and welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
- Career development and tuition assistance
- Onsite gym and healthcare at large locations
- Wellness programs to help you maintain a better quality of life
- Medical, dental and vision, including free preventive care