We are currently seeking a Manager of Financial Reporting for our location in Jacksonville, Florida.
This position oversees the production of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for internal and external customers, prepares the annual audited financial statements and compiles the tax returns (Form 990), while ensuring that reports, filings and documentation comply with Nemours guidelines, professional standards, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This position also directly manages the efforts of the Financial Reporting Lead and the Accounting Clerk.
- Coordinates annual audits with external auditors.
- Prepares year-end audited financial statements and footnotes in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) [Audited financials: Combined, AIDHC, NCH, Uniform Guidance Single Audit, Pension, 403(b), and 401(k)].
- Provides information to and prepares schedules for external auditors necessary to perform interim and fiscal year-end audit test work.
- Coordinates preparation of the annual tax return (Form 990) and supporting schedules for Nemours, PMSI and the New Jersey Physician Practice.
- Provides oversight for preparation of Medicaid/Medicare cost report data—including data needed for subsequent third party audits--for the Managing Director of Reimbursement, including data reconciliation back to the general ledger.
- Provides oversight for preparation of the monthly financial book for Finance leadership, Operational Review Statements for the Executive Cabinet and Nemours Leadership Team (NLT).
- Oversees the preparation of the periodic unaudited financial statements (income statement, balance sheet and cash flow) for the Nemours Board of Directors meetings.
- Manages the preparation of the monthly and quarterly reports to comply with the various bond rating agency requirements.
- Stays abreast of and researches changes to GAAP and regulations (e.g., new Financial Accounting Standards Board pronouncements) and implements approved recommendations as well as changes to company policy.
- Responsible for recording and reconciling all Nemours investment accounts.
- Prepares indirect cost proposal data for the Grants/Donations Manager.
- Makes recommendations to the organization for financial reporting enhancements including utilizing Qliksense/Qlikview or other reporting tools and coordinates with Director-ERP and Information Systems to carry them out.
- Oversight for review and approval of additions and changes to the ERP approval trees.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently, schedule time efficiently and set priorities in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Provides accurate information.
- Works well within a team and makes the work environment comfortable for colleagues.
- Open to taking direction, accepts feedback and willing to change.
- Recognizes the importance of process and knows when to ask questions, make suggestions and make decisions.
- Builds and fosters professional relationships both internally and externally.
Knowledge, Formal Education, and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Master’s degree in Accounting (preferred) .
- CPA certification preferred
- 5 + years of strong accounting experience in either public accounting (audit experience) or in health care/nonprofit accounting.
- Strong knowledge in Accounting including GAAP, financial statement preparation, general ledger, etc.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience.