Manulife Financial’s Investment Division has two major businesses – management of the General Fund investments and Manulife Asset Management, a leading global third party asset management business. The invested assets are comprised of a broad range of investments including public and private bonds, public and private equities, mortgages, real estate, power and infrastructure, oil and gas, timberland and farmland properties. Manulife Financial has over 325 investment professionals with offices in 17 countries and territories.
The Decision Support Team will support the Finance operating model by delivering accurate, timely, and relevant reporting and analysis to a variety of stakeholders.
The team is focused on the following key activities:
- Provision of analysis and analytics in order to offer insights to business unit CFOs and other stakeholders
- Producing thoughtful, relevant management reporting materials for Business Units, Investment Division Executive team, Group Finance, and external stakeholders
- Operating a Planning Centre of Expertise (COE), including Better Expense Management (BEM) leadership and the production of all planning figures
- Running an efficient and transparent Expense Management Shared Service Centre (SSC), including a hybrid SSC/COE for Investment Division Allocations
What you would be doing?
Reporting to the Finance Director General Account Front Office, the Expense Manager is responsible to support GA Front Office expenses.
- Overall, the Manager will work closely with senior leaders and other key stakeholders to ensure that reporting and analysis for the GA Front Office drives the necessary insights needed to effectively manage our expenses
- Lead or participate in expense initiatives, including allocations, Better Expense Management (BEM) and developing standard processes, tools and policies.
- Provide stakeholders with demonstrated leadership and advice on all expense-related matters and drive efficiencies where possible.
What we are looking for?
- Professional accounting designation with at least 5 years in an expense management function.
- University degree in business, finance or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong business acumen with ability to take complex information, analysis and results and “package” for senior leaders in a clear, concise, easy to understand manner (written and verbal)
- Experience working with senior leaders
- Exceptional communication, influence, collaboration and facilitation skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, particularly in the area of using sound, independent judgment, problem-solving and analytical skills
- An understanding of Excel skills and knowledge of database applications, Lawson, Essbase, BEM and enterprise planning tools
Skills / Competencies:
- Ability to think strategically and in an unstructured format. Ability to apply concepts to practice.
- Solid analytical capability. Ability to assimilate/summarize a large amount of information from multiple sources and present in a value-added form for senior management.
- Critical thinking mindset coupled with a strong desire for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and continuous improvement in a global environment.
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and ability to manage changing priorities.
- Proven interpersonal skills: collaboration and communications skills (oral, written, presentation), ability to build relationships, engage and influence others, work with a diverse internal and international customer base.
- Ability to build and maintain confidence with senior financial leadership.
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative