Clearway Energy Group (“Clearway”) is accelerating the world’s transformation to a clean energy future. As one of the largest clean energy companies in the United States, we are focused on providing customers with the low cost, clean power they desire and the customer experience they deserve, all with the goal of powering our world with clean energy. Clearway was formed with the completion of the sale of NRG Energy, Inc.’s renewables platform to Global Infrastructure Partners, a leading global, independent infrastructureinvestor and is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in Carlsbad, CA; Scottsdale, AZ; Houston, TX; and New York City, NY.
Purpose: This position, reporting to the Controller, has primary responsibility for overseeing the financial reporting function including quarterly and annual external financial reporting, management of the annual financial audit process in close coordination with external auditors and members of the project accounting teams. Additional work may include overseeing certain aspects of the overall accounting function including month-end and quarter-end close processes, financial reporting and division analysis.
- Oversee coordination and execution of the annual financialaudits, working closely with internal accounting staff and external auditors, including coordinating PBCs, drafting of footnotes / schedules and quality control of integrated financial statements.
- Serve as key advisor and mentor to guide department accountants through non-routine and unusual transactions.
- Coordinate on an as-needed basis with derivative and technical accounting staff at Clearway Energy, Inc. (Clearway’s affiliate company).
- Assist in researching reporting matters, accounting principles and financial reporting rules, as well as preparation of internal documentation to support due diligence, technical accounting memos, and internal controls requirements.
- Support the Controller on all reporting requirements, including analytical functions necessary to achieve an accurate and timely close. Duties include analysis of balance sheet, income statement, equity transactions, and cash flows as well as financial statements.
- Support the annual audit process for standalone audits, which includes compiling financial statements and footnote schedules, providing data requests to external auditors, and providing substantial support for audit selections.
- Work with internal functional departments (e.g., Treasury, Asset Management, Engineering and Procurement) and external groups to ensure financialreported results are accurate and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Review and perform monthly, quarterly and year-end close process within a condensed time frame for all assigned renewable energy projects.
- Review journal entries, account reconciliations, and other items related to month-end and quarter-end processes.
- Maintain internal control environment and ensure compliance with accounting policies and SOX regulations.
- Actively participate in process improvement including automation and efficiency projects.
- Perform all aspects of work with a high degree of accuracy, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage, supervise and mentor accounting staff.
- Respond to ad hoc requests from key stakeholders within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university required; Master’s degree a plus; CPApreferred.
- Public accounting experiencepreferred.
- Experience working in a SOX 404 environment preferred.
- Seven or more years progressive accounting and financial reportingexperiencerequired.
- Proven organizational and leadership skills with the ability to handle multiple concurrent efforts and provide high quality deliverables accurately and on time.
- Experience in managing direct reports including hiring, annual reviews, delivering constructive feedback and directing work of others.
- Knowledge of SAP, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) or another ERP system.
- Energy industry experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications including performing financial and analytical computations in Excel.
- Detail oriented and adaptable to changing working requirements.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment that emphasizes attention to detail, meeting deadlines and working together to achieve company-wide objectives.
- Demonstrated “can do” attitude in embracing company goals and initiatives.
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources