WHAT YOU’LL DO
Responsible for all external SEC reporting and technical compliance as well as hands on management of the internal controls and SOX compliance for the global public company. Works closely with the finance and leadership team to ensure complete and timely SEC reporting and corporate policy and internal control compliance.
- Requires BS/BA in Business, Accounting or Finance with an MBA, CPA or equivalent postgraduate qualification.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a public company pharmaceutical/biotechnology or related industry.
- Demonstrated SEC reporting expertise, including working experience with wDesk and equitycompensationreporting systems.
- Knowledge of SOX compliance requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and a strong understanding of corporate finance concepts.
- Advanced technical expertise with MS Excel and strong in other PC applications
- Self-motivated, ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment and handle multiple tasks • Organized, detail oriented, ability to multi-task.
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills; must be comfortable presenting in front of senior management.
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player comfortable dealing with all levels of management.
- Experience with consolidations and Quickbooks or accounting software and/or implementations.
- CPA or MBApreferred
- Domestic and international travel of up to 10% is required for this position.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills when communicating with investors, analysts, management, colleagues, peers and management of other departments, third parties and regulatory agencies.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WORK INCLUDES
- You'll be responsible for all financialreporting activities of the company including reporting, accounting, finance needs, and general accounting functions including but not limited to consolidations, equitycompensation accounting, supporting financing activities, acquisitions.
- You'll ensure accurate preparation of quarterly consolidated financial statements.
- You'll prepare all external fiscal reporting activities, including P&L, cash flow and balance sheetreports.
- You'll support the activities of independent auditors, ensuring any audit issues are resolved and that all regulatory and compliance issues are met; and prepares quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and any other applicable state, federal or foreign accounting, regulatory and/or stock exchange requirements.
- You'll be responsible for XBRL review, internal Controls and SOX Compliance.
- You'll research, analyze, and prepare SEC and technical accounting issues to determine appropriate accounting treatment and related financial disclosures and creates comprehensive documentation in memo format. Creates and maintains global finance and accounting policies as needed and implements and trains within the organization both in the U.S. and internationally.
- You'll prepare equitycompensation accounting support including stock compensation expense calculation, capitalization tracking, and EPS calculations.
- You'll prepare fixed asset, investments, contingentliability estimates, and debt amortization schedules for monthly and quarterly GL accounting close.
- You'll perform other related duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL LIKE ABOUT US
- Innovative. You’ll be working with leading edge scientists for the treatment of cancer.
- Synergetic. You’ll enjoy our ever changing, but collaborative company culture.
- Rest and Relaxation. Three (3) weeks paid time off, 10 paid holidays, on site gym. .
- Benefits. Medical with HMO, PPO, HSA and FSA options, dental/vision, and stock options.
- Prepared for the Future. 401(k) with company match.