We are seeking a dynamic and motivated person to oversee the team delivering SoFi’s Planning and Advisory services to our Members. This role will be responsible for hiring, mentoring and management of all Financial Planners, Advice Operations Support and Customer Service functions for SoFi Advice. The position reports to the General Manager of our Wealth Division.
The ideal candidate must have an energetic and upbeat coaching mentality and be capable of managing the daily needs of a growing financial planning practice.
By joining SoFi, you're joining a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our members’ interests. Our goal is to be the center of our members’ financial lives. We created studentloan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge this new generation has through a new approach to lending. We expanded into other types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly inventive products. As the company has grown, we’ve been able to help more people with these tools.
SoFi has achieved significant growth, with big plans ahead. In just the last year, we've more than doubled our member base (260,000 strong), doubled loan volume ($8 billion in 2016), and grown our team from under 200 people to more than 900. We're preparing to go global, with expansion to Australia and Canada planned this year. And we're well capitalized to power all this growth, having raised $1.9 billion in equity backing. But we'll only be able to continue this growth with great talent, and that includes you.
- Supervise a dedicated team of planners, operations support and customer service team members
- Be the hands-on leader focused on excellent and consistent delivery of plan advice
- Lead staffing efforts for the group
- Help define SoFi Advice strategy in line with the company’s brand
- Develop all members of the planning team through coaching and training
- Use and develop metrics to keep the team on track to meet established KPI metrics (C-sat, willingness to refer, call and plan advice quality, talk time, planning efficiency)
- Manage capacity planning needs and achievements of targeted operational efficiencies
- Evaluate ways to improve and streamline client interaction, plan delivery and product features
- Leverage training and compliance resources to limit business exposure to client complaints
- Be technically savvy and expertly use management reports to oversee each planner’s book of business and your team’s analytics
- Maintains current best practices in changes in technology and regulatory issues and how they may impact operational functions and processes
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably financial services related
- CFP® licensed
- Experienced manager with at least 3 years of management experience
- Experienced recruiter with demonstrated ability to attract top talent
- Must have at least 3 – 5 years of financial planningexperience
- Should have ideally worked with a large planning practice and with a high volume of clients
- Skilled communicator with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experienced at giving formal and informal employee reviews
- Organized and detailed oriented self-starter who works well with existing processes but strives for excellence and efficiency improvements on an ongoing basis