Manager - Financial Planning & Reporting
5 - 7 years experience • Arts & Entertainment
The Finance Manager role is responsible for supporting the work of the resale finance organization. The organization drives and executes our strategic planning and forecasting as well as partnering with business leaders to provide analytics to support decision making. This is an exceptional opportunity to work directly with the business in a progressive e-commerce organization by designing and implementing financialreports and processes that support business needs utilizing Google Analytics, Domo, Oracle and otherfinancialreporting tools. The top candidate will possess proven analytical capabilities, stronger leadership skills and will be a strategic thinker with strong business acumen.
What we are looking for - a passionate, ambitious professional who is a:
- Business Driver: The team you will be a part of is in charge of driving the business forward, delivering incremental revenue and profit. This role isn’t a support function; rather it will be a growth engine.
- Analytics Expert: The secondary market for tickets is dynamic and complex, with hundreds of actors across thousands of events. Analytics experience will help us create value for Ticketmaster and also for content owners, resellers, and fans. They will have the critical ability to turn insights into business-building ideas.
- Persuasive Story Teller: You will be working on analytics that will be presented to Ticketmaster leaders across all functions and to third parties (leagues/teams/resellers). Translating and simplifying the data into true insights that will drive business strategy and change third party behavior is essential.
- Sprinter and Marathon Runner: We are lean and move fast; months of contemplation aren’t a luxury we can afford. But we aim to build long-term, sustainable approaches to limit rework and obsolescence and to give our partners the confidence we can stick to long-terms strategies and roadmaps.
- Cross-functional team player: We value transparency and helping one another. It’s how we roll. There is no “me” culture. Communication across the entire team will lead to greater individual success.
Measurements of Success
Revenue and profit growth for Ticketmaster Resale through insight provided by business development analysis and reporting improvements. Performance is easily quantified and performance assessments are objective. If you thrive in this environment, we may be a great fit.
- Collaborate with business partners to develop/build annual budget and prepare frequent updates of projected financial results (daily, weekly, monthly and by request)
- Prepare and develop financialreports to management highlighting actual performance versus budget and prior forecasts and drivers of financial variances
- Act as expert resource in communicating and clarifying monthly, quarterly and annual results to business leaders, direct management and management of various other departments
- Provide leadership and coaching to direct reports
- Partner with accounting team to provide monthly financial close support; including variance analysis to latest best estimate, and provide acquisition cost and royalty accruals
- Partner with business leadership to develop relevant business drivers and metrics to enhance decision making
- Distill financial projections or results into high level information that senior management can use to make business decisions
- Perform sensitivity analysis in order to account for changing underlying expectations and potential risk factors
- Seek continuous process improvement opportunities to eliminate inefficiencies and improve results
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, economics or engineering, MBA a plus
- 5+ years of work experience post-undergrad, preferably in a demanding consulting or corporate finance role
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting processes, income statement/balance sheet/cash flow impact of financial decisions,
- Experience in building complex models from scratch
- Proven track record as an effective liaison between finance and other functional areas
- Highly skilled in Excel, DOMO, SQL, or otherbig data software
- Strong problem solving and issue resolution skills
- Comfort with large data sets
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Outstanding communication, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Assertive yet professional demeanor, persistence and willing to lead the way
- Desire to help create a fun and productive culture, leveraging Ticketmaster’s focus on sports and music
- Extraordinary team player and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment where quality, innovation, speed of decision making and execution are critical to organizational success