$150K — $200K *
Reporting to the Regional Director, Capital Asset Management & Planning, the Manager, Financial Planning & Business Support (Facilities & Real Estate) provides a key operational role in providing a linkage between VCH Corporate Finance and Facilities & Real Estate.
The Manager provides operating and financial support to Facilities & Real Estate and liaises with VCH Corporate Finance in supporting the analysis of the financial results. The Manager is responsible for gathering information, analyzing and assessing the financial performance of Facilities & Real Estate to support key business decisions and optimize the use of resources.
He/she prepares financial reports, detailed variance analysis to budget, memos, proposals, and presentations to support best practices, and develops processes and guidelines for operational planning to support Facilities & Real Estate, and VCH Finance.
He/she must identify key corporate issues and assumptions to facilitate the processes and procedures that enable the accurate and timely completion of the annual budget planning process as well as any approvals and implementation of changes to the operating budget.
Primary working relationships are with VCH Finance Directors and Facilities & Real Estate Directors and Managers. In order to accomplish the objectives, he/she liaises with members of the financial services team, other Lower Mainland Health Authorities/ Organizations, and external stakeholders.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field plus completion of a professional accounting designation (C.A., C.G.A, or C.M.A) with a minimum of five (5) years’ recent, related experience in a large and complex unionized environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Role Specific Expertise:
• Demonstrated financial planning, monitoring, analysis and reporting skills
• Broad knowledge of computerized financial systems and procedures and advanced computer skills (Excel) for financial modeling, word processing, presentation and database applications
• Comprehensive technical expertise, process management, analytical skills and business acumen
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), financial, administrative and contract management
• Demonstrated ability to strategically and creatively solve complex problems within a dynamic and changing environment
• Results oriented within a high-pressure working environment with numerous critical timelines
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills including demonstrated facilitation skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and to communicate effectively at different levels within the organization to influence decision-making
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
• You question actions inconsistent with our values
• You treat people with fairness and respect independent of their status or disagreement with you
• You hire great people and expect great things from them
• You inspire others with your thirst for excellence
• You create an environment where people can flourish and grow
• You seek what is best for the health system, rather than the best for yourself or your group
Courage to Innovate:
• You challenge the status quo to improve quality and sustainability
• You take smart risks and make tough decisions without agonizing
You care for everyone:
• You’re compassionate, empathetic, and sensitive to the needs of others.
• You are respectful, treating people as equals, and valuing others’ perspectives and differences.
• You are appreciative of others’ efforts and give them praise when it’s due.
You are always learning:
• You are open minded, always receptive to different perspectives and ways of doing things.
• You are curious and ask questions to find a deeper understanding.
• You share your expertise and mentor others by sharing your knowledge and experience.
You strive for better results:
• You are accountable, and take responsibility for what you say, what you do, and who you engage in achieving better results.
• You’re a solution finder, empowered to solve the challenges we face in healthcare.
• You take ownership for growth and development and personal development, always seek feedback and opportunities to improve how we do things.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Valid through: 4/2/2021