MANAGER, FINANCIAL PLANNING AND ANALYSIS, MLGFinance•IrvineApply Now
Major League Gaming, a division of Activision Blizzard, is a worldwide leader in esports and serves as the operational foundation, partnership hub, and media production network for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League.
MLG is seeking a manager of financial planning & analysis (FP&A) to serve as a financial business partner. The position is responsible for driving key finance processes within the organization including, but not limited to financial forecasting, budgeting, and projectaccounting. In addition, this position will help key business stakeholders to provide strategic financial consultations on optimizing and supporting the various business initiatives.
This role will lead and execute financial planning processes and initiatives at both a regional and global level, and will require the candidate to build partnerships with key stakeholders throughout the company to execute and deliver financial results tomanagement.
The ideal candidate is an independent, self-motivated leader with a proven track record of proactively identifying process efficiencies, anticipating business needs, and implementing solutions across the organization.
As a member of the MLG and Blizzard team, you will work alongside passionate, knowledgeable and experienced teammates to help continue building on our history of success in esports!
- Lead monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc forecasting worldwide, establishing and communicating process deliverables, and driving global execution
- Proactively identify and implement process efficiencies to improve productivity and quality of forecasts and understand ROI in capital spending and new projects
- Track the financial progress of various company initiatives through financial databases, invoice logs, etc., which can then be used by managers to aid project management
- Develop and distribute management level reports in support of business reviews
- Drive global standardization in project/cost tracking
- Prepare presentations, in-depth analysis and reporting to support the senior management team
- Make recommendations regarding efficiency, cost savings, and productivity through working knowledge of system operations
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial and operating reports including but not limited to monthly operating statements, forecasts, monthly variance analysis, and budget data
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or relevant field of study
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant professional experience, ideally at a public company
- A minimum of 1-3 years of FP&A experience in digital media
- Experience partnering with senior business leaders in the finance space
- Previous experience in leading annual budget processes, quarterly forecasts, and long-range plans
- Strong financial analysis and organizational skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to work with other members of the finance team and across the organization
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to roll up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-onmanagement capacity
- Solid knowledge of general accounting principles
- Able to work independently, with limited direction and limited ability to delegate
- Passion for playing video games and understanding of gaming culture
- Previous experience in cost or project accounting
- Familiarity with Blizzard’s IPs
- Experience with Hyperion