Manager - Financial Planning and Analysis
The Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis will report directly to the VP of Finance. This manager will provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis to support the CFO and participate in the Property-level budgeting process in collaboration with the Corporate FP&A team. Ability to collaborate and work across Property functional areas as well as lead and manage the activities of Analysts. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Manages relationships within the property to understand business problems and analytical needs.
- Supports VP of Finance in identifying and executing on analysis opportunities within the Property.
- Participates in planning and budgeting activities at Property fostering strong partnership with Corporate Finance.
- Manages cash flow, cost identification and allocation, and risk management.
- Collaborates in data and analytics innovation at Property.
- Partners with Enterprise Analytics to assist Property team in action planning on insights, tracking of progress and achievement of goals.
- Reviews findings and make recommendations to senior team members.
- Proactively learns the business across functional areas.
- Leads the professional development of direct reports.
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities for the specifically assigned areas; create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, or Business Management or related field.
- At least 5 years of leadership experience.
- Previous experience managing the connection between Finance, Property, and Corporate groups.
- Working knowledge of expertise in hospitality finance
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team. Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- MBA or MS degree preferred with financial and quantitative orientation.
- Previous experience in hospitality operations.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.