This role is a key player within the Corporate FP&A team. In charge of leading consolidation and analysis of Segment data, also manages the FP&A Analyst and provides functional direction to the CoE Corporate FP&A analysts.
This role works very closely with the other Corporate FP&A managers, provides direction to the BU FP&A teams and reports into the VP of FP&A.
Lead Business Unit’s monthly forecast roll up and consolidation
Summarize business insights derived from analysis (forecasts, plan and otherrequired scenarios) into high impact and targeted recommendations and presentations for senior management review and decision making
Lead preparation of Quarterly 2+1 process
Manage planning cycle by leading the coordination of Segment activities, and lead reporting and analysis tasks
Lead creation and analysis of the company sensitivities
Segment working capital analysis
Lead CoE resources in the preparation of reporting templates to be delivered to the businesses to fulfill corporate requirements (Functional reporting line of the CoE corporate reporting group)
Lead and provide guidance on the evaluation of capital requests for strategic alignment and bottom line potential
Miscellaneous ad-hocreporting and analysis requests
Create connection and provide corporate guidance to the Business Unit FP&A Managers
Continuous improvement: work towards rationalized automation, optimize use of CoE, optimize time available for analysis
Prepare presentations for executive use
Collaborate with other Finance work streams: Financial accounting, Investor Relations & Business Unit Finance
Gain in-depth understanding of Alcoa's segments and business drivers
Work with FP&A and Senior leadership in preparing necessary presentations for the Board of Directors, Global Operating Committee, etc.
Analyze Alcoa segments performance drivers to support the FP&A VP, CFO, COO and other key stakeholders
- Bachelordegree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related function
- 5 years of financeexperience
- Experience with major accounting programs (SAP, Oracle, etc.), MS Office (Excel, Power Point), related programs (Essbase, etc.)
For Internal Candidates: Prior business unit experience - exposure to at least to 2 of the 3 BUs: Bauxite, Alumina, Aluminum
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong background in both finance and accounting
- Well-rounded business person with critical thinking skills; self-directed problem solver
- Expert at Microsoft Excel, Power Point and all Hyperion planning and reporting applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as presentation development skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Desire to build a strong understanding of the business
- Passion for leading positive change throughout the organization
- Expertise in corporate policies and procedures regarding financial data
- Expertise in annual business planning processes
- Expertise in costing, budgets, bridges, forecasting