The Manager – Financial Planning and Analysis, provides strategic oversight for all financial planning and analysis of general and administrative (G&A) expenses for Premera Blue Cross and its subsidiaries, a $3 billion group of companies. This role leads a team to support the development and planning of strategic initiatives across functional areas and levels of management in the organization.
In this role, you will consult with company management and drive the completion of G&A targets, budgets, forecasts and the three-year administration plans. The Manager- Financial Planning and Analysis reports to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis and supports the development of initiative costing and capital budgeting. In addition, this position manages the preparation of variance analyses for company management to guide business decisions.
What you will do:
- Oversee G&A financial planning and analysis for Premera and its subsidiaries, including monthly variance analysis; the quarterly and annual budgets; the three-year administrative plan; and initiative planning/costing.
- Consuls with customers on complex projects and identify financial impacts. Ensure service levels exceed expectations.
- Collaborate with company management to identify key business issues, outline strategic alternatives, and recommend action plans.
- Participate in strategic business planning and provides forecasting and analysis expertise.
- Drive the completion of quality and timely financial projections and budgets.
- Synthesize data and provide analyses for a broad array of issues across disciplines and functional areas. Provide meaningful analysis to customers to allow them to make smart financial decisions.
- Provide guidance to staff in the development of analytical tools and models to support strategic business planning.
- Evaluate analysis conducted by other departments and/or outside consultants and determines financial impact.
- Manage staff, develop measurable departmental and individual goals that support execution and success of company strategies and guide staff on their individual development plans.
- Coach staff, providing professional development opportunities through work assignments, special projects, further education and feedback.
- Utilize Lean principles and concepts to seek opportunities for process improvement or to gain efficiencies and takes lead role to implement.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or a related Field. (Required), and
- Eight (8) years' financial planning and analysis experience (Required)