This position is responsible for financial analysis and reporting tosupport the business unit. The Manager, Financial Reporting & Analysis will work with the Director of FPA and business leaders to provide reporting and analytics for the business in a timely manner. Other major responsibilities include the management of sales & operational expense budgets, variance reconciliations, forecasting, analysis and other related projects required. The role will product and monitor KPIs for the business and develop predictive measures to help identify variances from plan. Involves heavy analysis of high volume business, analyzing customer billing and cost rates, P&L performance by site locations, and other in-depth assessment of the business. There will be requirements to help design and implement financial models to analyze trends and predict future performance and make fact-based recommendations. This role requires the ability to think and work independently but necessitates working in a team environment. Client Service driven with excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Analyze revenue and expense trends, compare to plan and forecasts.
- Work with Director to build quality reporting abilities, ensure accuracy, and timeliness of reports.
- Hands on analytics of key business drivers for revenue and costs.
- Monitor activity throughout the month and provide weekly updates on KPIs.
- Monitor expense trends & review for unusual events. Provide explanation of variances.
- Work with Director to create repeatable processes and drive quality improvement.
- Prepare presentations for management on weekly, monthly, quarterly, & annual schedules.
- Produce monthly financial reporting & analysis on business trends.
- Reconcile differences between billing and revenue systems.
- Analyze results and prepare forecasts, budgets, and bi-weekly revenue updates.
- Prepare monthly analysis and MDA for business.
- Monitor revenue and expense trends and escalate problems.
- Recommend enhancements that improve reporting or forecasting.
- Learn to use other key financial and accounting systems and understand data flows.
- Be cross trained in other areas of FPA and ensure your areas can be covered when out of the office.
- Help build models to assess new business ideas or sales opportunities. Models may be based on revenue, expense, or full P&L impacts.
- 5-9 years of FPA experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with variance analysis.
- Experience preparing annual budgets and regular forecasts.
- Ability to work with line managers and understand business drivers.
- Experience building financial models.
- Advanced Excel skills a must, experience to a major ERP system & budgeting & forecasting tools.
- Strong MS PowerPoint and proficiency in other MS office products.
- Flexible, adaptable and hands on approach.
- Requires attention to detail and solid documentation techniques.
- Must have experience gathering high volume data sets and manipulating data into relevant information.
- Must have excellent balance of speed vs. accuracy.
- Experience with Cognos or Anaplanb is preferred or other data warehouse environments.
- Lawson experience helpful.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance a must, advanced degree a plus.