The Manager, FP&A, will allocate their time between strategic projects for the CFO, developing the annual financial plan and analysis of monthly financial results. Highly desirable candidates will have extensive Excel modeling experience within the financial services industry and a thought framework grounded in economic theory, with the ability to identify financial drivers and assumptions within a business process. Candidates should be comfortable and confident challenging assumptions within a business model, have experience working with large amounts of unstructured data and be a self-starter who enjoys performing meaningful analysis that informs and drives business decisions. Initial projects include building capacity models for various aspects of the Kemper Life business, redesigning the Company’s annual planning process, enhancing the monthly analysis of actual results compared to plan and prior year actuals and developing a standardized cost-benefit analysis framework to be rolled out across the Company.
- Build, maintain and calibrate business models to facilitate effective planning, analysis and decision making throughout the organization.
- Identify key financial drivers and assumptions within a business process, structure the identified drivers to tell a story, and develop a financial model to be used for planning purposes.
- Aggregate and organize financial data from multiple platforms and systems; suggest procedural changes to increase the accuracy, effectiveness, and efficiency of models and reports used or produced by the team.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations which summarize results of financial analysis and model outputs, suitable for multiple audiences, including Kemper Senior Executives and the Board of Directors.
- Document work processes, including data sources and definitions; ensure data accuracy.
- Frequently interact and coordinate with other departments to address business issues and to meet organizational objectives.
- Lead the annual planning and re-forecasting process, working closely with business partners.
- Prepare and analyze portions of the monthly operating review package; summarize findings into actionable business insights.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related quantitative discipline; MBA preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of corporate finance or analysis experience.
- Financial services industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Advanced Excel modeling skills and PowerPoint skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert in a broad range of data analysis, statistical and data management methods.
- Superior financial acumen and analytical ability.
- Able to deliver accurate work products that meet deadlines.
- Experience with both financial reporting and analysis tools, along with overall management information and tools/data need to evaluate results
- Experience with Workday and Adaptive Planning is desirable, but not required.