Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come tothe right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America's largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurementproject delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will bepart of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you'll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
This position is responsible for managing and providing comprehensive financial analysis and support tovarious business functions and Executive Management, which is consistent with the overall strategic growth of the company and aligned with creating value for shareholders.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Lead, coordinate and manage operational and functional planning, budgeting and forecasting tofacilitate effective annual budget development, interim and long-term strategic forecasts
in a manner consistent with Company's policies and procedures
2. Lead, coordinate and manage the financial analysis processes for the annual capital expenditure (Capex) budget, asset optimization and other major capital decisions of the company in a manner consistentwith the Company's policies and procedures
3. Serve as a key strategic resource to the Executive Team and business unit leaders on a full range of corporate finance activities, including financial analysis, business analysis and strategy analysis in a manner consistent with the Company's policies and procedures
4. Provide financial support and oversight to short and long range financial planning, quarterly forecast cycles and sensitivity analyses that assess the viability of existing operations with consideration for the impact to annual financial forecast, bank covenant compliance and operational metrics
5. Maintain short & long term strategic planning and valuation models in Hyperion Strategic Finance tosupport development and updates for the annual financial forecast.
6. Manage the preparation of the Board of Directors financial package to provide relevant and timely information in support of the executive management
7. Maintain a communications strategy to inform Executive Level Management on actual financial results, including milestone progress and adherence to approved budgets, as well as overall Key Performance Indicators
8. Collaborate with Group and Regional Controllers to ensure consistent, balanced, data-driven business & financial plans which accurately inform Executive Management's decisions on resource allocation and performance management
9. Manage the corporate FP&A department functions, including but not limited to, budgets, forecasts,staffing, compensation and performance management to ensure company initiatives are met
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or another related field of study is required
• MBA, CFA or equivalent preferred
• 10+ years' progressive experience in a financial planning & analysis, corporate finance or strategic consulting environment
• 2+ years' experience leading, managing and mentoring direct report staff
• Operations, Construction or Construction Materials experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated excellence and versatility in undertaking financial and strategic analysis, particularly in selecting and applying appropriate principles to specific issues and in developing an opinion based ontheir analysis
• Proven ability to build complex financial models and familiarity with financial concepts, practices and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to multi task, work effectively in a high production environment, and respond quickly and productively under pressure, tight timelines, and changing priorities
• Strong executive-level presentation skills and the demonstrated ability to interact and communicate (verbal & written) effectively with all levels of the organization
• Superior project management, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges
• Ability to properly manage and prioritize resources, people and projects
• Team player, with strong leadership skills, who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment
• Proficiency with Hyperion Planning & Smart View, Essbase, and Financial Reporting Studio
• Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Professional, JD Edwards, etc.)
• Internally motivated and proactive to seek out alternative ideas to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the group through the development of new skills, generation of new ideas and ability todrive change.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities requiredby this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
• Ability and willingness to abide by the Company's Code of Conduct
• Valid driver's license and ability to drive for extended periods of time
• Travel, some overnight, required