Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
As a member of the Financial Planning and Analysis team, primarily responsibilities will be to provide financial planning, reporting and business insight and analysis support to the Global G&A Organization. The role actively supports the quarterly forecast and the annual budget process, collaborating with the G&A FP&A team and functional department leads to design, implement, and execute core planning & analysis processes with an emphasis on business partnering. This individual will collaborate closely with Accounting on month-end accruals and will work with Global Finance and IT to maintain and enhance existing planning and reporting systems with a focus on process improvement.. Strong financial and business acumen in addition to broad knowledge of FP&A processes are essential to the success of this role, along with sharp attention to detail and strong financial systems expertise.
- Drive the annual budget process and the quarterly forecast process to help deliver on corporate objectives across selected G&A departments; Partner with G&A FP&A team to prepare consolidated G&A reports and financial analyses.
- Manage monthly close and actuals processes by partnering with budget owners to provide monthly reports and operational analyses to help manage the budget and improve forecasting accuracy.
- Partner with the G&A FP&A Team and the Operational Leads of various functional areas to develop and track key performance metrics and deliver key messages.
- Collaborate with Accounting on the period end close processes, including accruals, pre-paid etc.
- Work with FP&A Senior Manager to manage various systems maintenance and enhancements.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvements/efficiencies, communicate findings and develop recommendations.
- Assist in the development/maintenance of dashboards and reports for trending and analysis of specific business objectives and processes.
- Review contracts and PRs to ensure financial requirements.
- Provide ad hoc analysis and decision support as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or Science discipline.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- A minimum of three years post qualification experience with strong financial planning and analysis, including experience working in the pharmaceuticals industry supporting FP&A organization and in-depth knowledge of the accounting practices required. Prior experience with systems enhancements preferred.
- Strong planning and analytical skills, including financial modeling and financial database systems skills/knowledge (SAP, BPC, Host Analytics, Hyperion Planning, or similar).
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries.
- Operates effectively in a matrix organization/environment.
- Ability to think and plan strategically (work plans, activities, time tables, targeting) and operating with execution excellence.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.