About the Role
Financial Risk Management is the team responsible for understanding, analysing and responding to riskevents within the finance function. It’s mandate is to partner with the business to proactively manage risk and maintain an effective and efficient control environment over financialrisks. Whenever change occurs, there is risk; in order to respond to the ever-changing nature of Uber a focus on risk is required to ensure we are compliant with statutory requirements and understand the impact of risk and use it to perform informed decision making.
The Manager, Financial Risk Management (emerging products) will be focused on coordinating and building a world class financialrisk management program, through the strategic design and implementation of a financial controls program to respond to risk across emerging products at Uber. The successful applicant will work closely with emerging product teams and business process owners, Uber’s Internal Audit team and external auditors to manage financialrisk by facilitating an effective and efficient control environment.
As emerging products do not often neatly fit into Uber’s existing control environment, there is a significant building component of the control environment, including providing solutions to process owners to manage risks
What You’ll Do
- Build and maintain relationships across Finance and the wider business, Internal Audit, external audit and other external stakeholders to drive effective financialrisk management
- Understand and manage emerging risks through early detection and adopt preventative measures to manage them
- Formulate responses and strategies to respondto changes to the business environment, such as; new product introduction, changes in accounting standards, internal process changes or reorganization
- Work with FinTech and process owners to improve efficiency of control environment through implementation of automation or process improvement
- Bridge gaps between IT controls and business controls, including ITGC's. Work with IA to ensure complete control environment is managed
- Work with emerging business lines to understand risk profile and ensure an appropriate control environment is established
- Coordinate and review the completion of compliance activities such as; narrative and flowchart development, risk assessments, control rationalization, management controls testing
- Provide control related support and training for the team to help mitigate financialrisk through fostering an effective controls environment.
- Implement new process and controls in response to changes to the business environment, such as; new product introduction, changes in accounting standards, internal process changes or reorganization
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred)
- A minimum of 6+ years of audit (internal or external), controls, compliance or risk management experience
- Strong organization skills with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to analyze complex processes to identify potential financial, operational, systems and compliance risks across major finance cycles
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form across a wide array of internal and external stakeholders, including senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently, including managing a team.
- Ability to thrive in environments of uncertainty
Bonus Points If
- Big 4 accounting firm and/or internet/ technology industry experience
- Demonstrated project managementexperience (PM certification a plus)
- Experience managing, monitoring and remediating deficient financial controls
- Process management experience, including process redesign and optimization
- Working technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, SOX requirements, including PCAOB Auditing Standard No. 5
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP
About the Team
We build scalable & controlled processes and help implement accounting systems and automation for our Global Accounting function.