The person in this role will provide support to the Divisional Controller as well as work closely with other Prepay Operational Leaders to develop thoughtful analysis and recommendations as well as developing scalable processes and systems to assist the business. This will involve accessing, organizing, interpreting, and analyzing data from various operational systems. This role requires someone who is comfortable taking the lead and working in both individual and group settings. This person will also manage a team of analysts on day-to-day activities.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Improve financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management
- Analyze financial data by collecting, monitoring and creating financial models for decision support
- Assist with annual and quarterly forecasting
- Assist with the development and maintenance of client analytics, economics, and pricing models
- Improve, monitor and ensure accurate operational KPI’s; work with business leaders to address oddities in data
- Package business insights and performance summaries to identify opportunities to improve business performance
- Assist in reconciling actual revenue and expenses against budgets / forecasts
- Act as a liaison to Corporate Accounting during month-end close to ensure Prepay financials are accurate in all material respects.
- Establish and maintain a strong rapport of trust with internal business partners.
- Be adequately flexible to respond to ad hoc internal business partner requests from various locations, while still meeting performance obligations for recurring predictable deliverables
- Manage a team of analysts to support functions described above
1. Interpersonal Skills: Competency in nonverbal, oral, and written communications; ability to identify, define and explain client data from various systems. Must be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics
- CPA, CFA, MBA
- 4+ years minimum experience as a Financial Analyst in either a corporate FP&A setting or as a key contributor at a segment level
- Strong analytical (quantitative as well as qualitative) skills
- Strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required
- 1+ years’ experience with BI Reporting Tools, i.e. Tableau Desktop
- Experience in the Payment Integrity field, Healthcare or insurance markets.