Requisition ID 2017-2985
At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
This position is primarily responsible for the leadership, management, training, and supervision of the Financial Analysis staff. Responsible for identifying, collecting, analyzing, and maintaining data sources to evaluate issues that support prospective business decisions. Provides budgeting, cost analysis, productivity, and any and all financial analysis as well as maintains and fully utilizes the software systems used to support those functions. Responsible for Data Integrity oversight of all data producing departments.
Drive organizational objectives by operationalizing the department effectively and efficiently. Proactively anticipate both the needs of KRH and the impact the department has on the organization’s success. Collect and analyze data, prepare options, present recommendations, and explain associated benefits and risks.
Practice and further develop competencies in the areas of general management, financial management, human resources management, organizational dynamics and governance, organizational communication, strategic planning, information management, risk management and quality improvement. Demonstrate professional ownership, self-development and a desire for life-long learning.
Serve as a role model for others by exhibiting the KRH core values: integrity, compassion, service, excellence and ownership. Lead and influence the team to provide outstanding customer service. Develop and foster relationships with other KRH leaders, departments and members of the team to support open communication, trust and collaboration.
- *Human Resources: Creates a supportive department culture by fostering individual motivation, coaching and training for optimum job performance. Collaborates with Human Resources to ensure each employee has the required and appropriate license and certification(s). Gives direction without conflict. Anticipates staff problems and takes preventive measures. Analyzes and responds to employee turnover taking appropriate steps to maintain high employee morale and satisfaction. Educates employees on timekeeping policies and procedures to ensure accuracy. Reviews and approves the bi-weekly payroll for department employees. Responsible for completing 6-month and annual performance evaluations with employees on or before their due date for all employees supervised by the unit manager. Creates job descriptions and job standards for each position and monitors to ensure accuracy. Plans work schedules and assigns work to staff to ensure adequate service and coverage.
- *Performs Cost Accounting / Decision Support / Financial Analysis / Proforma Preparation to include, but not limited to:
- Researches, analyzes, identifies, and evaluates data from internal systems to existing and potential trends and issues.
- Possesses and maintains a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of KRH business, products, programs (including provider data, networks, etc.), corporate organizational structure (including functional responsibilities), and basic research principles/methodologies.
- Assists in the management and monitoring of multiple projects simultaneously by establishing project plans and objectives to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters.
- Communicates results of analysis to management via reports/presentations and assists management in implementing programs that provide solutions.
- Recommends, communicates, and implements solutions to identified problems/root cause of issues.
- Provides expertise and guidance to unit and corporate staff as required. Represents and participates in group or committee discussions. Provides “hands on” as well as directing staff.
- *Responsible for provision and integration of financial cost accounting data to meet informational needs of internal and external users. Aggregates and monitors cost information for all areas of the organization. Manages charges in cost accounting modules of Meditech (performed by Analyst). Continues analysis, maintenance, improvement and evaluation of the cost accounting system.
- *Acts as advisor to provide decisions, support and product-line analysis to the hospital. Provides professional support for value improvement, cost management and clinical efficiency by using the cost accounting system to measure, analyze, monitor and report status of the consumption of resources. Assists as needed with clinical reports to benchmark and compare clinics/physicians.
- *Prepares proformas, forecasts, and analysis of special projects as needed. Prepares specialized financialreports for entities on a on-going basis.
- *Assists in preparation and analysis of internal departmental/product line analysis. May also assist with periodic cost accounting analysis. Interacts with CFIO, Finance Director and other Senior Management. Assist with entity/departmental financial forecasts and budgets as required or needed.
- *Directs staff on preparation of annual departmental operating and/or capital budgets and works with departmental directors/managers as needed. Works closely with Senior Budget Financial Analyst during the budget & forecast cycles.
- *Collaborates with consultants and Revenue Cycle Department on strategic rate increase planning. Coordinates with others for adding new clinics, cost centers, and chargemaster items.
- *Performs budget, variance and productivity reporting. Oversees operating budget process which includes, but is not limited to;
- Ensures that departmental director/manager adheres to budget time line.
- Reviews budget data with Senior Analyst/Analysts which includes assumptions, historical financial data, department staffing data and statistics.
- Reviews completed budget with Senior Analyst to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Reviews with Senior Analyst prior to respective department Administrator and Chief Financial Officer meetings.
- *Directs variance reporting process for assigned KRH entities. Process includes, but is not limited to;
- Conducts operational analysis throughout the year.
- Develops and implements turnaround initiatives throughout year.
- Assists department director/manager with questions from Finance Director, Administrator and Chief Financial Officer concerning variances.
- Monitors biweekly and monthly productivity metrics for assigned KRH entities.
- *Leads, educates, directs and develops department director/managers in areas to include, but not limited to; productivity reports, tools available to assist with variance explanations, investigation of variances from budget (prior year and benchmarks data as applicable), investigating and implementing turnaround staff changes where required.
*Assists director/managers with variance explanations to Finance Director and CFIO. Ensures that explanations are submitted on a timely basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business required. Minimum of five (5) years hospital analytical or financeexperiencerequired. MBA and/or CPApreferred.
- Proven leadership skills, including effective interaction with executives and peers.
- Must possess project management skills. Must be able to effectively manage project timelines and stay on-target in meeting all deadlines, while providing high quality work.
- Strong PC skills with demonstrated competence with Microsoft Excel, Word, Office; PowerPoint skills for presentations required. Meditech experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform quality, detailed, accurate, dependable work with minimum supervision on complex problems, while working courteously and respectfully with others.
- Expert understanding of financial concepts, ratios and valuation methodologies.
- Work style that fosters credibility by developing loyalty, teamwork, and respect at all levels in the organization, as well as with consultants and other outside parties. Must be able to interact well and communicate with all levels of personnel, including presentation of technical concepts to non-technical audiences. Must be able to effectively communicate: verbally, listening, and in writing.
- Must possess the skills necessary to effectively plan, prioritize, organize, analyze, execute, and implement programs, processes, procedures, and systems as required for successful completion of the job activities. Must be able to work under pressure for prolonged periods, meet deadlines, and work extra hours as required.