Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That’s why after more than a decade Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry’s leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
Job Summary – This Financial Analyst/Accounting Manager position is responsible for assisting in the development and evolution of the overall strategy for the Company’s operations in this critical area of Shared Services. This includes assisting in the preparation and reporting of financial information which leads to the operational standards and expectations. The Financial Analyst/Accounting Manager will also assist the Finance Team with processes and controls including month end close, financial ad hoc analysis, stat reporting and additional tasks. This position will work closely with the Business Performance Group (BPG) Director of Finance, AVP of Finance, and rest of the finance team. This position will also have significant interaction with SSC CFOs and Controllers and other financial positions throughout Parallon including: SSC, NPAS, PSC, HIMs, CPC, and other Shared Service initiatives with which the group is charged.
Duties (included but not limited to):
- Directly manages the day to day activities and workload of accountants.
- Complete month end processes for applicable ledgers, including but not limited to, journal entry review and/or preparations and account reconciliations.
- Preparation of both routine and ad hoc detailed analytical reviews and reports.
- Assist in the preparation of cost estimates and invoicing for external customers.
- Serve as a secondary subject matter expert for Finance operations for BPG and assist in operational process decisions and any automation of this area.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual BPG operating and capital budgets.
- Assist the SSD Director of Finance, AVP of Finance, and VP of Finance in ad hoc reporting of various operations and financial information.
- Preparation of monthly operational information for all SSC entities.
- Evolve process flows and policies and procedures for Finance operations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
Minimum 5 years accounting/auditing/management experience. Experience in public accounting and/or healthcare provider financial operations preferred. Previous SSC experience preferred.